Maserati Forum banner

Eurotek ECU - Part II

6K views 29 replies 8 participants last post by  MikeA 
Just got back from a short 25 miles test run on I-10. Never had the chance to red line it in 6th gear (i wouldn't dare anyway). The fastest I went was between 130 and 135 in 5th gear near 6500rpm. Almost red lined but had to step on breaks when I saw a highway patrol sitting on the shoulder before I-405 junction (luckily Eurotek made my car invisible as well...hehe...he didn't see me).

max power: before-335.7 @84.0F after-TBD
max torque: before-282.8 @84.0F after-TBD
top speed: before-180mph after-TBD some time next week
mid-range torque: increased, the car takes off at around 3300
throttle response: superb, doesn't drag
gear change: still rough between 6.5-8K rpm but smooth under 5K.
ignition timing: did not shake at high rev and speed (more psychological than factual)
tubi: dampened at start and lower revs but gets louder at around 4K which originally had almost no sound when in 5th and 6th gear.
fuel consumption: a true gas guzzler

Are you planning on putting yours on a Dyno again? Eager to see those results!
some time next week.

And it seems like it was running a couple of degrees hotter but hard to say at this stage, could have just been the way I drove this am.
It's definitely running hotter. The "slow down" indicator went off once last night.

A more raw, better driving experience, no doubt - this is more in line with what I expected from a Ferrari engine.
fun fun fun!!!

Track day, anyone?!!

RQ said:
>>top speed: before-180mph after-TBD some time next week

by this I thought that you were going to go out to a desolated area and achieve the top speed yourself... :D
hehehee... if you are interested we could try it on 118 this weekend... :twisted: :D

wait... "Sorry got you confused with the other Gransport guy in California"

MikeA said:
What was the rpm limit raised to?

I also feel improved acceleration at higher rpm's. The car definitely feels stronger. I hope to get it dyno'd this coming week and I'll post the results.

Mike
Mike, did you get a chance to have it dyno'd?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.