Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in need of getting a new clutch,thurst bearing & F1 sensor. It's for MY06 QP sport GT. As anyone brought items from Eurospares with good results. I ask because the stealer wants $2150 for clutch, $458 for trust bearing & $350 for sensor. Eurospares has all the parts for $1500 not including shipping. Any help wil be appreciated.

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feed back. Did you speak to them directly or online order. I've been trying to contact them but no one answered.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I have never used them but they have a good reputation on this forum.

As an alternative, you may want to look at having the clutch rebuilt with kevlar plates. There are number of posts on here that suggest HR clutch.

http://www.hrclutch.com/

My mechanic told me the clutch in the Maseratis is the same as a 360 (e.g. too small for a car weighing 800 lbs more).

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks I, sent them a e-mail. I'm just waiting for response.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have never used them but they have a good reputation on this forum.

As an alternative, you may want to look at having the clutch rebuilt with kevlar plates. There are number of posts on here that suggest HR clutch.

http://www.hrclutch.com/

My mechanic told me the clutch in the Maseratis is the same as a 360 (e.g. too small for a car weighing 800 lbs more).
I've read the posts. My dealer won't do that for me. My car is still under warranty & the pilot bearing is being replaced so I'm getting clutch,thrust bearing & F1 sensor all done at the same time.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I was quoted $1400 in parts for all clutch related parts for my '05 Coupe CC

·
Registered
905 Posts
How many miles on your 06 QP? How much clutch wear (% of total?)

Thanks.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
How many miles on your 06 QP? How much clutch wear (% of total?)

Thanks.
They told me 100% wear, but said that's just a quess. I have 29,600 miles & no signs of slippage at all. I also have Jeff's DBW installed.

·
Registered
905 Posts
That's good mileage on the original clutch. I am hoping to get 35K miles ultimately- that's my goal. I am currrently under 10K.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I checked that link, but nothing comes up in the QP parts catelogs. Have you ordered from them before?
Call them, they can get it.

Ricambi America is the largest vendor in the Ferrari community for parts (everyone knows them and they have thousands of testimonials on ferrarichat.com) . I personally have spent about $10,000 with them over the years, the service Daniel and David provide is impeccable and their prices are very hard to beat. They also sell ONLY new parts.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's good mileage on the original clutch. I am hoping to get 35K miles ultimately- that's my goal. I am currrently under 10K.
Jeff at FD told me that the average milage he's seen is 36,000 so I'm looking to get at least 34,00 before changing it out. The dealer has told me they've seen guys get almost 50,000 all depends on how you drive. With the DBW I'm hoping to get at least 45,000 per clutch change, if I don't trade for the 09.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Call them, they can get it.

Ricambi America is the largest vendor in the Ferrari community for parts (everyone knows them and they have thousands of testimonials on ferrarichat.com) . I personally have spent about $10,000 with them over the years, the service Daniel and David provide is impeccable and their prices are very hard to beat. They also sell ONLY new parts.
Thanks I'll give them call tomorrow.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Jeff at FD told me that the average milage he's seen is 36,000 so I'm looking to get at least 34,00 before changing it out. The dealer has told me they've seen guys get almost 50,000 all depends on how you drive. With the DBW I'm hoping to get at least 45,000 per clutch change, if I don't trade for the 09.
I think clutch life is also very dependant on how hard the car is driven. Mine is a manual GT so I don't have all the CC idiosyncracies to worry about yet the clutch only lasted 16K. I have not driven an automtaic trnsmission car in 15 years (even my daily driver Infiniti G35 is a 6MT) so it is definately not my driving style as I don't ride the clutch as a rule.

I do track the car though and drive very fast on the street. I recall some of the other posts on this issue in the past noted mileage in the 10-15K range for cars that get driven aggessively. I don't think adding 60HP via mods has really helped the clutch much either.

·
5,887 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.