Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So,
I think my Clutch is shot.

Car: 2006 Gransport, Milage 60k (96560 KM)
Maintenance History: unknown
Issue: Transmission skips 1st but will go into second, will not go into reverse. (suspected safe mode/ limp mode)? Please note: Its not throwing any codes whatsoever .
I have driven the car with almost no issues until now for about 7000km since i purchased it.. Until about a month ago when i noticed the clutch engagement was becoming slower than usual. On hill starts the clutch would struggle to fully engage quickly, the engine rpm would rise then drop gradually until I felt engagement about 2 - 3 seconds later.
On my last drive before shit hit the fan It reluctantly clunked into first at a stop then after only went into second gear. During shifts afterwards my rpms would drop then rise for a second before dropping and engaging. I barely got it home.

Considering the Mileage I am almost certain it is a worn clutch causing the system to have a fit.
Before I start taking the car apart Does this sound reasonable to assume?

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
148 Posts
I would at least go get a diagnostic scan before assuming it’s a clutch. I think most dealers and independents will do it for about an hours labor .

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
Not limp mode. Limp mode limits you (or attempts to) to 1, 2, and R.

It could be the clutch slipping.

I'd recommend connecting it to a SD. If clutch checks out, I'd start with checking your gear change grid and try to recenter the actuator tooth.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Agree with others. Need to get a SDx or equivalent connected up.

Where in Canada are you located? If you're in the GTA, feel free to private message me and I can probably help you take a look.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts