Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealership told me that I need a new EPB actuator Module , does anyone know if I can just replace the module itself and can I put one in from a quatroporto.my car is a 2011 Gran Turismo and I was looking on ebay and a guy has one fro 350.00 with the cable , I noticed that the module looks exactly like mine . can I just swap the module ,or is he electronic circuit board different. Also can I just replace it and not replace the cables . the cable seems very easy to disconnect from my old unit and attach to a new unit . and lastly will I have to have it recalibrated ,or will it just be a plug and play . any comments will be appreciated

5,216 Posts
You can probably just swap the circuit board and use your old stuff if the cables are good...You are gonna need a scan tool to do a calibration of the thing after installation...It is not plug and play....Jason

Reactions: MaseratiDoodle

·
Registered
261 Posts
The dealership told me that I need a new EPB actuator Module , does anyone know if I can just replace the module itself and can I put one in from a quatroporto.my car is a 2011 Gran Turismo and I was looking on ebay and a guy has one fro 350.00 with the cable , I noticed that the module looks exactly like mine . can I just swap the module ,or is he electronic circuit board different. Also can I just replace it and not replace the cables . the cable seems very easy to disconnect from my old unit and attach to a new unit . and lastly will I have to have it recalibrated ,or will it just be a plug and play . any comments will be appreciated
I had it replaced at the dealer once. I think $$1500 or so. The EPB brake module is very weak and the brake switch too is a high failure item. Yes, it must be programmed as Jason said.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts