Maserati Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks for all the advice! Definitely getting a lot of good information here.

Got the old wiring harness out already. This weekend, I'm hoping to get the old motor out, along with most of the miscellaneous stuff that's in the way. I'm also going to cut out the body that's over and behind the engine area, to make getting the F136 in easier. The car is designed to have the engine drop out the bottom, but I don't live that kind of life. I'm going to run an aftermarket oil reservoir, but it'll be pretty close to the location compared to the engine as the QP. (Just forward and to the right.)

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
If so, please start a YouTube channel before going any further.
One step ahead of you, brother. Squonkwerkz on youtube, @squonkwerkzgarage on instagram. There's nothing about the F136 on the youtube channel yet, as we're severely amateur video makers and quite slow at making content. However, if you want to cringe repeatedly while watching two idiots thrash a Porsche, it's worth a look. I'm hoping this weekend to get the next video finished, then the one after that should have F136 footage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sounds like an awesome project, keep the photos coming. Are you using the Boxster S transaxle, 6 speed as used in the Renegade Hybrids LS power Boxster repower?
The Haltech 2500 spec says it can control up to 4 cams, will you use this to control the 2 inlet cams?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I'm using the base Boxster 5 speed. I find the ratios are better for track use. First in the 6 speed is a bit low, and the gears are too close together, which leads to a more shifting. The 5 speed is also drastically cheaper, so if/when I end up with 4 neutral gears, a new one won't break me the same way a 6 would. Some say that the 6 speed is stronger and can handle more power, but I have yet to find conclusive evidence. If I destroy the 5 speed immediately, then I'll probably look into stronger internals but in the same pattern.

As for the Haltech tuning, I have no idea. I've never done a full standalone ECU wireup, so it's going to be a learning experience, I think will, though.

Perfect, you'll have my subscription.
Thank, man! I hope you don't regret it ̶a̶̶l̶̶r̶̶e̶̶a̶̶d̶̶y̶

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thanks, I will! I was planning on finding someone in the area who does Haltech and begging them to apprentice me, but this might work.

3,133 Posts
I would get it running myself and then drop it off at a tuner...If you can get hold of a stock ecu that would probably help...You could get someone to pull the stock maps out off the ECM so the tuner would have somewhere to start and maybe speed things along and keep cost down....Jason

3,133 Posts
He is legit with his project as him and I have gone back and forth a few times...I can spot someone just talking out their posterior with stuff........It is an actual project... After countless people coming up with stupid crap there is actually one...Hard to believe I know....Jason

·
Registered
713 Posts
This is madness, I love it!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts