Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dallas has recently had a nasty dust storm. Luckily, my baby was safe and sound in the garage. I've read that people are power washing their engines.... Is that cool? Someone on the BMW board went into great detail how he first went through a soap cycle, then the rinse at a bizillion PSI (give or take). Engine looks great.. but what is the down side????

·
Registered
37 Posts
engine power washing isn't worth it i had my 2003 lexus is300 done and the end result was that I ended up running off of only three cylinders and needed a complete tune up. The power washing was done as recommended with the car running and that didn't help.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Dont Do It!!

Italian electrics and water do not mix. Best to do it with a hand spray gun bottle filled with mild detergent and wipe with cloth. very laborious but much better than diagnosing electrical problems you may encounter. I'm sure you can car engine detailing stuff in the market. You can perhaps use a toothbrush or a small steam releasing kettle thingy that they use to clean cookers to remove grease or defrost fridge freezers by electrical repair blokes.(I'll do some research on this). GUNK is too strong I think . Thats my advice.

·
Registered
203 Posts
All you need..

..is a gentle vacuuming followed by a wipe over with a cloth made from spider's webs rinsed in champagne.

I'll get my coat.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Crapjokes said:
..is a gentle vacuuming followed by a wipe over with a cloth made from spider's webs rinsed in champagne.

I'll get my coat.
that was fukin great

·
Registered
518 Posts
I detail all my engines with zep degreaser in a spray bottle then hose it down with a garden hose...they dont have enough pressure to cause damage

1 - 7 of 7 Posts