Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Advice please! I took 07 QP out of winter storage and on start up recieved an "Engine Oil Pressure Sensor Fault". :mad: Any ideas as to what this is, how serious is it, what might have caused it, can it be driven to dealer, and would this likely be covered by warranty?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Advice please! I took 07 QP out of winter storage and on start up recieved an "Engine Oil Pressure Sensor Fault". :mad: Any ideas as to what this is, how serious is it, what might have caused it, can it be driven to dealer, and would this likely be covered by warranty?
Most likely a ghost from the lack of use and cold temperature. Do you have oil pressure? If so does it follow your RPM? Either way it's a sensor fault not a oil pump fault.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have a oil pressure guage. Car seems to run fine otherwise. It is due for service anyway so they can check it out. I did an OBD code scan and there were no DTC stored. Wouldn't the sensor fault trigger a DTC?:confused:

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I don't have a oil pressure guage. Car seems to run fine otherwise. It is due for service anyway so they can check it out. I did an OBD code scan and there were no DTC stored. Wouldn't the sensor fault trigger a DTC?:confused:
Probably. That's why I don't think it's real. Better safe than sorry though. Keep us posted

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was a ghost!

Most likely a ghost from the lack of use and cold temperature...
Update: Car sat overnight, took it for a spin today and no error messages on startup! :D Go figure. I have to ask now, is "ghost" a real automotive term, or just something you made up! :) And why would this occur?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Update: Car sat overnight, took it for a spin today and no error messages on startup! :D Go figure. I have to ask now, is "ghost" a real automotive term, or just something you made up! :) And why would this occur?
LOL iRobot.. Ghost in the machine... Random pieces of code.... I am a software engineer.. I believe in ghosts AND bugs.. Logical conclusion after sitting in cold weather is the sensors are uncalibrated and first time up they throw an error (somehow similar to my ex wife??? Don't ask).. Anyway wine kicking in; glad all is good ;)

Buzz

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
Most likely your battery just was a bit low from sitting over the winter... the QP does this often. When the battery is low it will fail its self tests. Once the battery is charged all is well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts