Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello

I am the lucky new owner of a 1964 Maserati Sebring. I have a question about the engine number. I can see that the engine number have been removed at sometime. Instead there is a little "k" subscribed into the engineblock where the original number is supposed to be. Does anybody here have any knowledge of this procedure? - I know that when VW (back in the sixties) changed the engine on a car they removed the old enigne number and put on a small VW symbol instead and then the local VW autoworkshop should make the new number in engine matching the chassis number. Maybe Maserati had a similar procedure (but forgot to write the engine number afterwards) and thats way my engine number as been removed and the "k" har been written instead?

Looking foreward to hearing your answers

Best regards

Abo

·
Registered
225 Posts
I will see if anyone I know has info on it. Do you have the s/n for the car?

Well, apparently the person I asked already answered your question on another forum. So nevermind. Some pictures of the car would be appreciated though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Johnei

Thank you for your answer! Yes I also asked the question in the yahoo forum and there their is a exciting and overwhelming discussion about my question, so I do the continous discussion in this forum!

Thank you

Anders

1 - 4 of 4 Posts