Maserati Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My engine light came on today.
I did put a new B&M filter in 2 days ago.
Called dealer to make an appointment.
Should I continue to drive it?
The manual says it is an OBDII problem.

·
Registered
722 Posts
You can buy an OBDII reader for about $60 at any auto parts store and find out. I'd guess the light is a side effect of the filter - the engine management software is sensitive to sudden changes around it.

I got a light from putting in a tank of 100 octane gas. I read and reset the code with the OBDII reader, the light never came on again, saved me a long trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
662 Posts
Normal for Porsches to have the CEL light come on, and often stay on even after resetting the CEL, when you switch to a K&N, Scnell, etc. Assuming you are confident that the car is driving normal, if not better, I personally would at least put 50 miles on to see if the CEL goes off and would get an OBDII scanner and reset it - before I spent the time and $ going to a dealer.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was the picture of the engine light that came on, not the CEL light.
Anyways, I turned off the power by the battery for 10 minutes, and it cleared the light for now anyways. We will see if it comes back on.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
It was the picture of the engine light that came on, not the CEL light.
Anyways, I turned off the power by the battery for 10 minutes, and it cleared the light for now anyways. We will see if it comes back on.
The Check Engine Light IS a picture of the engine. If the picture of the weird looking transmission came on (someone commented it looked like a "trunk open" icon, LOL) , it's the CC tranny (pump).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts