Maserati Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone, I was driving my 2010 Maserati granturismo S 4.7A earlier and all of a sudden notice white smoke coming out of my engine bay. Noticed engine overheat red light came out and needle at red area of temp gauge. Stopped immediately and noticed coolant like substance particles all over my engine. Turned off the big e Cooled for 45mins and got it towed to the car repair shop. Once at the shop I was told it’s thermostat and some pipe burst. Would like to get 2nd opinion here and also any similar experiances please share. Many thanks.

I have attached pictures for referrence
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive fuel system
Shoe Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light Black
Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Fluid

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
3,662 Posts
They said that a pipe burst ? Not a hose ? ( the second photo shows a massive tear in that hose ..surely that’s where it burst ..:oops: )

Yes, a failed thermostat can certainly cause your engine to overheat very quickly.. it should not be too expensive to replace. Much cheaper than a water pump failure..

·
Registered
128 Posts
As an auto repair shop employee...Trust your shop! It is 100% the radiator hose. And you better consider doing both upper and lower w/ thermostat and gasket. Your heater hoses may be next. I also replaced the heater hose in the back of engine above the transmission. These are all made of the same material. Not to worry you but it's reality.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Looks like you're in Singapore...so not sure if it's common to say pipe when referring to a hose. Nonetheless, I would change out that ruptured hose, refill coolant reservoir with the recommended coolant/mix, run the engine, check for leaks and a proper operating coolant temp.

5,917 Posts
Who has been working on that? In every photo, I see something that is a half ass repair... Jason

Reactions: Sock Tucker

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hmmm. I can't see the photos using Safari or Google Chrome. Strange.

·
Premium Member
2013 GT/MC SportLine Blu Sofisticato - Black w/Yellow stitching and calipers
107 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 GT/MC SportLine Blu Sofisticato - Black w/Yellow stitching and calipers
107 Posts
5,917 Posts
I'm not even going that way..Just a lot of zip ties and missing clamps...J

1 - 13 of 13 Posts