·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
:) Very Nice-looks brand new. Can you give us some tips please?:)
Certainly.

Firstly, I use an air compressor to blow-away any loose dust / leaves with great care from the bay, sills, etc.

Use aluminium foil to cover any sensitive areas, which might be affected by damping. Now, don't forget the engine is water-proof to some extent, but always better to play on the safe side. Even then, I NEVER USE COMPRESSED WATER on the engine.

Turn the engine on and let it get warm, not hot. It means you can touch the engine block without burning your hands.

Do a first wipe with a dry cloth (yep, a dry cloth) as grease and dust particles get loose when warm. Compressed air also helps. Let the engine cool.

Then apply Bilt-Hamber's Surfex HD neat from the can, or slightly diluted (1/5 parts) spraying with great care. Immediatly brush the surfaces, dry with a clean cloth, repeat, dry again. Grease + dirt goes away in no-time. Also, Bilt-Hamber's product is water, not solvent based, meaning it will not affect the protective coating put on the engine by the factory.

Then spray water (using a hand gun spray bottle) to remove the Surfex product. Dry again. Always work on small areas.

Finally, apply Sonus Trim and Motor Kote for additional protection.

I do polish some parts (aluminium piping) with Autosol. That gives metals a sparkling glow.

End result is what you see... ;)

3 hours of work, mind you. But you do that once every year, and then keep-on with maintainance work. If there is good weather in Easter, it is the best time to do the job before the summer heavy-use.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts