Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I'm new to the forum, my name is Phillip. I own a small repair shop in southeast Georgia, USA. I recently did an oil cooler on a 2012 Granturismo and have a reoccuring code. The code is P1383 and I don't have any description of the code. This is my only Maserati customer, so I have not bought Maserati diagnostics as of yet. I have set up an account with Maserati for repair information, but am not finding diagnostic information in the database. Does anyone have a description of this code? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Phillip!

2,954 Posts
Your camshaft isn't advancing on bank 1...If the solenoid is plugged in for the VVT unit then it's probably a bad VVT solenoid...You can apply power to the solenoid and see if the idle starts to lope to test it...Jason

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jason, Thank you very much for the information! This is something I will be checking when he comes back to town next week. As soon as I check it, I'll give you a heads up. I was showing that code description for BMW, is Maserati using a similar diagnostic program? Thank you again, and Cheers sir!

Phillip
Phillip's Automotion, Inc.
Brunswick, GA

2,954 Posts
OBD2 fault codes are pretty much universal...A P1388 is camshaft not advancing on a Ford or a Mercedes etc..... You can pretty much google any fault code and get an idea of what is going on...Jason

1 - 4 of 4 Posts