Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given that many of the US based Maseratis are comming off or will be comming off waranty, it would be good for the collective to put together a master list of model specific things to examine prior to the expiration. For example there are a number of leather shinkage areas on the QP that I would have missed had not my dealer pointed out. The master list would probably be best collected on a hyperlinked word document rather than a running thread to ensure consistency. We did something similar on the Aston Martin Owners Club and the Jaguar-Lovers site has very extensive documents. In fact the XJS word document now exceeds 700 pages. I'm not suggesting that a XJS Kirby Palm document be generated - just a list of routine and often overlooked matters that an end of warranty owner or a new owner can look at.

Also, has anyone purchased an aftermarket warranty for the QP? I've seen the other models covered by the various programs. I also know that Maserati started a factory one-year drivetrain only warranty program.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Good thinking. An obvious item would be the blower as discussed on another current thread.

Andrew, any recommendations for how best to work this?

Peter

·
Registered
635 Posts
Kirby's document is an amazing piece of work! I found it incredibly valuable throughout the ownership of my 1991 XJ-S.

Having a similar document would be fantastic for the Maserati.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Did anyone figure out how to set up a document accessible to all? If not, I think having a list of issues is a great idea even if it is posted as part of the thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts