Maserati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-my lease on 03 coupe cambio with tubi ends in January.
- I will have less than 14k miles on it by that time ( maximum allowed 27k by the lease end ), so the car has less miles than expected
- no major mechanic prblems through the past 21 months, best car that I ever had
- dealer told me that clutch life left is 45% and suggested replacment but I did not do that. No problems with shifting so far.
- end of the lease buy out is $40k, I have to pay the taxes again on that
(law inTX),I've already paid taxes on the full price.

Here are my options:
1- Return the car to Chase bank and find another good deal on a maserati, since my dealer charges for labor even if the work in done uder warranty, I'll be paying a lot if the new mas has problems.
2- Try to sell the car if I find a car dealer offering more than $40k
3- Buy the car as a weekend car , Chase may give $1500 off, lease another car for daily use, hoping that cost of repair will not get out of control.
Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
What dealer in TX charges you labor for warranty work? I just bought an '04 coupe in Dallas and want to ensure I stay clear of that place!

I say turn it in and buy another one. I was going to lease a GS but I'm none to thrilled with the tax laws in TX when it comes to leases...

·
Registered
530 Posts
Definitely find another dealer - not even FMSV thought they could get away with charging for warranty work. Please do let us know who they are so we can vilify them properly.

I'd be tempted to see what kind of deal Chase would work for keeping it as a weekend car. You've got a load of miles and about a year left in warranty - If you don't have to pay for the work should cost you next to nothing (aside from the absurd tax situation). that gives you a year to work out what to do with it. 03's here with that kind of mileage are going for more than $40k - you may be able to keep it for a year and still sell it for more than your buyout.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Your car is likely worth substantially more than $40k. Since it has some warranty left, plus is under mileage, it is an asset to you. Not sure what TX taxes are, but even at 6%, probably well worth it.

Key question is, do you like the car? You might also want to see if you can get a super-sweet deal from the dealer on a GS - maybe ask for $55K-60K trade on a GS (net a $12K-17K discount to you after you pay your taxes).

That would knock the GS lease payments (on a 3 year lease) down about $400 a month.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
M! said:
sell the coupe and get a Phaeton.
lol. just kidding.
Actually, our CEO drives one, I'm told...

·
Registered
191 Posts
The car will probably be worth around $49-54k at the end of your lease depending on local demand/condition of car/etc, so I would definitely look into selling it.

·
Registered
773 Posts
problem dealer

if i rember your postings, you had your fill of dealer problems. sad find another or go for different make this time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just looked at used Coupes. My estimation was 2004 Coupe with 8-15K miles would sell for $55-58K. 2003's were ~8K-10K less and 10-18K miles.

Prices are from independant dealers not Maserati dealers.

Obviously the markets vary locally.

I have been watching the prices in the last 3 months or so and they have been falling steadilly as more 2005 GS's and 2004 Coupes were showing up on the market (leases up?).

·
Registered
54 Posts
04 for 56k

If it helps you any, I just bought a 1 owner '04 CC Coupe with 8800 miles for $56k from Park Place Maserati in Dallas. They replaced the front tires and are putting in a new clutch under warranty - I thought I got a good deal.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
decided to keep my car as a second car

could not find any potential good deals on a new one, I think that mas are selling very well therfore dealers are reluctant to give good discounts, at least I got used to mine knowing her potential problems, will use her as a second car, placed an order for Cayenne S special Titanium edition in pure red.
thanks for help

1 - 15 of 15 Posts