Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: I drove into a gas pumping station after driving about 30 minutes on the freeway. Turned off the engine to wait my turn to pump. Cars ahead finished, and I tried to start - nothing but cranking after a brief spurt of engine rev. No lights indicating a problem, and still about 1/2 tank gas in car. Cars behind had to go around me - laughing. Finally after much cranking the engine came to life with a brief period of increased idle speed, and has been normal on starts etc since this episode. Any clues?

·
Registered
111 Posts
water in gas

·
Registered
824 Posts
Packard_Roy said:
:confused: I drove into a gas pumping station after driving about 30 minutes on the freeway. Turned off the engine to wait my turn to pump. Cars ahead finished, and I tried to start - nothing but cranking after a brief spurt of engine rev. No lights indicating a problem, and still about 1/2 tank gas in car. Cars behind had to go around me - laughing. Finally after much cranking the engine came to life with a brief period of increased idle speed, and has been normal on starts etc since this episode. Any clues?
What year is your car? I had an ECU/ECM update to fix this in my 05 (it would stall and then take like 15-20 minutes to fire up again)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glenn Wallace said:
What year is your car? I had an ECU/ECM update to fix this in my 05 (it would stall and then take like 15-20 minutes to fire up again)
Its a 2004 Spyder with 13000 miles

1 - 8 of 8 Posts