Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started my 2008 Quattroporte this evening and realized that the instrument panel was blinking (all indicators). The "Electrical System Failure" indicator came on. Has anyone experience this?

·
Registered
494 Posts
I assume since you were able to start it, it's not a voltage issue. Maybe try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My husband just had me start it so that I could show him what's going on and (lo and behold) it's working perfectly. I think I am going to take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Had it happen to me about a year ago. Disconnect the battery for 5 minutes and then it was fine. Never happened again.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I got a similar call the other day, It may be the instrument cluster failing.
My QP did this about 2 years ago including a little - for the gear selection. The car would start but not select a gear. The dealer checked it and said it needed the instruments changing which they did under warranty. It did the same thing about 1 month back, exactly the same so I guess not as they diagnosed. I disconnected the battery and it been OK ever since.

·
Registered
7 Posts
dealer can't fix

6/21/14 the authorized dealer recently replaced the cluster and the problem still continues, 07 QP Gransport GT. windows operate intermittently(especially driver), radio blinks off then quickly on, air bag/electrical/engine systems failures all on. the dealer has been working on this for a year now with no success and seemingly none in sight. the battery has gone dead in 2 winters storage and has been recharged. the problem did not exist before the first run down battery and not until a month or so of driving. anybody with a similar problem and especially a solution ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Martin

I'm taking care of a 2014 Maserati for a friend and the battery has gone dead. Just want to confirm this is a 12v system?

·
Registered
33 Posts
My 2006 QP did this yesterday--on the way to a test drive event for new Ferraris no less. I mention this because the same thing happened to one of the Ferrari's being tested. At first the dash displays weren't working--car was driving & showing gear selection on the display but speedo, tach, fuel, temp, digital clock, etc. not working. I restarted at a stoplight and all of the dash lights started blinking plus exterior hazard lights. Display showed "Electrical System Failure - Go to Dealer." I restarted 2 more times in start/stop traffic but no change so I pulled over. I couldn't get phone signal (in a canyon) so decided to try to limp out after 10-15 minutes. Car restarted fine this time. It has restarted 3 more times in the next 24 hours without problems--fingers crossed. I DID NOT disconnect the battery. I just left the car off for 10-15 minutes and it reset itself.

One of the Ferrari folks said the same thing had happened to one of the 2015 Ferrari California Ts that same day. They disconnected the battery to reset. It was very hot here--90-100F. Ferrari guys thought the gremlins may have been due to heat.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Had this happen to me after the battery went dead from not driving the car. Never let your battery go dead. Get a battery tender. It caused my sensor that communicates with the front dome light airbags and electrical system to go out. Expensive to replace the sensor. 800$ for part. At the very minimum you will need to bring to dealer to have system reset by computer.

·
Registered
159 Posts
This just happend to me. Let the car sit for 5 minutes and start it again, all back to normal now, I believe it´s a small software bug that might happpend from time to time, nithing to worry about. Car where my car is parked has lots o humidity, so this may cause this bugs.

·
Registered
229 Posts
This happened to me too, but it also says "system not programmed"... It happen today and I disc the negative for an hour but it didn't go away. Worse?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I never saw "system not programmed" when other gauges went dead. Sounds like a different problem. Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
1 Posts
sensor issue

my 2008 is doing the same thing the dome light flashes on and off and glove box opens when i turn the car off. what is the name of the sensor that needs to be replaced? thanks kirk

·
Registered
1 Posts
None of my gauges are working in my 2013 Maserati Quattroporte. I can't tell how fast i'm going or how much gas I have. Has anyone experienced this issue?

·
Registered
33 Posts
When I've had the "electrical system failure" message display on the dash, all of the gauges stopped working. It has happened once or twice in the 7 years I've owned the car (100+K miles now.) Disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes cured it. Problem happened for me on very hot days.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same problem on my 2007 QP. Disconnected battery and the messages disappeared from the cluster once I reconnected in 5 minutes. Thank you MaseratiLife community!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts