Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use my QP as a daily driver and it sees a fair amount of use. I put about 12000 miles per year on it. So far the car performed flawlessly for about 20000 miles. Yesterday I drove it for about 45 minutes to an appointment. When I was done, after about an hour I got back in it and upon starting it up, all gauge cluster indicator lights started blinking and the info center saud "Electrical System Failure - Go To Dealer". I called the dealer and he said that the car would be safe to drive and I should come by Monday to reset on of the untis as this is probably the reason. Well, I just tried it and everything is back to normal. Very interesting. I noticed upon doing a search on here that Mr. M. had the same thing happening to his QP a while back, but the thread didn't reveal what the outcome of it was. I noticed that it went back to normal for him too.
The question is: Should the car still go to the dealer, or not? If I can avoid it I don't particularly want to bring it to the dealership, since I just had the 18,500 miles service done and everything checked out. Anyone have any ideas what caused that and if that might have just been a fluke and the electronics cured itself? I am in Florida and it's August - meaning that I am sure the HVAC is working overtime and the electrical system is working to its max. So I am not concerned, just interested if anyone has any experience with that.

Thanks guys!:confused:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Strange eh? After that incident we haven't got the same problem, 6 months or so since.

PS. we've got a ABS problem now. :mad:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very strange indeed. I drove it quite a bit since and so far it has been good. Spoke to the mechanic and he said if it isn't there anymore, diagnosing it is almost impossible. So we will see. :cool:

What is your ABS problem about?

·
Registered
5 Posts
My whole dash lights up like a Christmas tree...if I let my QP SIT...IT WONT START...SHOULDN'T HAVE TO BE THIS WAY...PUT A NEW BATTERY IN IT...THIZ IZ NOT A WELL BUILT CAR...IM VERY DISAPPOUNTED...AND KNOW ONE WILL TELL U NOTHING UNLESS U BRING IT IN...THIZ CAR COST TOO MUCH DAMB MONEY FOR THESE PROBLEMS

·
Super Moderator
4,439 Posts
Clearly a certain amount of mis-directed frustration there.

C

·
Registered
659 Posts
My whole dash lights up like a Christmas tree...if I let my QP SIT...IT WONT START...SHOULDN'T HAVE TO BE THIS WAY...PUT A NEW BATTERY IN IT...THIZ IZ NOT A WELL BUILT CAR...IM VERY DISAPPOUNTED...AND KNOW ONE WILL TELL U NOTHING UNLESS U BRING IT IN...THIZ CAR COST TOO MUCH DAMB MONEY FOR THESE PROBLEMS
you could try:
1- not yelling on the internets
2- learn about the car before you get the car, if you jumped in an 05 QP for 15k thinking you got a deal of a lifetime, i chuckle at your expense. brace for incoming quote sheets.
3- realize cost of ownership is not anything related to purchase price. purchase price doesn't equal reliability.
4- DAMN*
5- THIS*
6- DISAPPOINTED*
7- NO*

incoherence is the beginning of why no one helps.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Need not to worry, I get the same message about 3 times a year. Goes away after a few starts. Usually after a rainy or extreme heat wave will the dash light up. I do have the reset tool if it stays longer then usual.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts