Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

took my QP out of the garage tonight and before I got out noticed a little yellow triangle with an explanation mark in the central display. Ran inside to check my manuals and couldn't find it. Restarted the car and the central display said,

"Electrical System Failure" (for about 6 secs then changed to)

"Go to dealer".

After another 6 secs or so it then reverted to the small triangle in the bottom right corner.

Rather than switch the car off I drove over to my parents house thinking that due to the damp conditions and cold it might self cure after warming up. When I got there (10 mins drive) I switched her off. At the restart it was all back to normal. Drove back home switched off again, picked up wife and baby then set off for a 60 mile run.

When we got back, I switched off again to take out the bags/baby etc. Went to restart and every light on the two main dials was flashing this time(eg airbag/MSP/seat belt etc), in the central display the message System Electrical Failure & go to dealer and a dash - where it should say N,D etc. Started the car, all lights functioning but the warning lights continued to flash and only a dash - where the gear should be displayed. The car wouldn't let me select a gear.

Switched off again, rang my dad and got my wife to come out to see. Only 5 mins later and the car started as normal again!

Now my question, as it said "go to dealer" I'd imagine it would save a fault code, my only worry is that when it gets there I get the "nothing wrong with it mate, the computer says its OK"

Any ideas as to the cause? Is there any system reset button?

The car also lost the date/time/setting in trip etc.

thanks

Simon

·
Registered
141 Posts
EVERY QUATTROPORTE OWNER TAKE NOTE!!! If this happens, make sure you have your radio security code handy, then open the trunk, remove the right hand side panel. Now disonnect the Negative cable on your battery (the rearmost cable right in front of the tail light) and keep it off for 5 minutes.
Reconnect tightly and reset the radio code. Problem solved.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Kent, does that solve/repair the problem? Or is it a quick fix so you can select gears again to move to safer ground?

I've been told by another QP owner that he had the same problem and it was down to a poor earth connection on an ECU under the bonnet/hood.

thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
EVERY QUATTROPORTE OWNER TAKE NOTE!!! If this happens, make sure you have your radio security code handy, then open the trunk, remove the right hand side panel. Now disonnect the Negative cable on your battery (the rearmost cable right in front of the tail light) and keep it off for 5 minutes.
Reconnect tightly and reset the radio code. Problem solved.
99% yes but the 1% NIM module took a crap :cool:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Welcome, but...for some reason new members are bumping threads from over a decade ago. This doesn't help, and can be confusing because the new question from the new person doesn't usually match the title of the very old thread so people tend not to respond.

We dont know what your working on. You should start a new thread in the correct subforum (Qp5, Qp6, granturismo, etc.) List your year and your problem and usually someone can help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts