Maserati Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have lost power to all movements of the drivers seat and the seat back recline of the passenger seat on my 94 430se.
Does anyone know where the fuse is please?
Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You'll probably find fuse references here - a treasure trove of Biturbo info. previously made available by a chap called Maurizio:
Hi,
Thanks for the prompt reply.
I have a download of the workshop manual, I bought this car new, from Meridian, in 1994 and I have driven every one of its 34000 miles.
I thought I knew where everything was but I’m blowed if I can locate the fuse or possible thermal cutout.
All motors were working and still do by direct connection.
Frustrating as it’s the only thing on the car that doesn’t work but there again it will prevent my wife from having a go!.
Regards,
David

·
Registered
97 Posts
Wow, that's a fabulous commitment to the marque. Bet you still recall the first mile as vividly as the most recent. Must admit, I didn't read the manual but had assumed the fuse box would have been covered. Do you think Enrico's would be a better bet?

Would love to see a photo if you get a spare moment.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, that's a fabulous commitment to the marque. Bet you still recall the first mile as vividly as the most recent. Must admit, I didn't read the manual but had assumed the fuse box would have been covered. Do you think Enrico's would be a better bet?

Yes, I bought it for my 40th birthday in November 94 and it was freezing cold.
Picked it up, drove 5 miles and turned back because the heater would only put out luke warm air!
This was the only problem I’ve had with reliability up until last week when the seat adjustment failed.
Apart from the original and a replacement at an early service I’ve now replaced the cambelt 6 times doing that and all servicing myself.
Over the past 18 months I completely stripped the car down, inside and out, cut out everything that looked rusty and did all the body preparation for spraying, hence I thought I knew where everything was!
Replaced all bushes and dampers, discs, brakes, fuel system, water pump, distributor,
goes better than the Lavante and the paint finish is MUCH better!
David.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I bought it for my 40th birthday in November 94 and it was freezing cold.
Picked it up, drove 5 miles and turned back because the heater would only put out luke warm air!
This was the only problem I’ve had with reliability up until last week when the seat adjustment failed.
Apart from the original and a replacement at an early service I’ve now replaced the cambelt 6 times doing that and all servicing myself.
Over the past 18 months I completely stripped the car down, inside and out, cut out everything that looked rusty and did all the body preparation for spraying, hence I thought I knew where everything was!
Replaced all bushes and dampers, discs, brakes, fuel system, water pump, distributor,
goes better than the Lavante and the paint finish is MUCH better!
David.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi David, thanks for sharing your photos, nice to see a pair of Masers in the "correct" colour. (y)
Near perfect reliability and self-service over that period is not just impressive but inspirational. Very well played sir. A complete strip down must have tested that resolve but looks stunning for it. Did you document your rebuild? Neil.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Neil, kind words thank you.
I‘ve been rebuilding things for over 50 years now, both cars and bikes. My wife always says I never take enough photos but I’ll post a few, unfortunately I’m on one or two as she took them!
There are a few others of what may be of interest, the black mini is one of 4 prototypes done by John Cooper in 1990, 2 were written off and JCW have the other, the white one I fitted everything to make it go, stop and handle. I fitted a supercharger and it’s good for 130 bhp, an absolute beast!.
The Elan I’ve owned 43 years and I’m about to start its fourth rebuild!
Regards,
David.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Good evening David, very much enjoyed your (wife's) photos. You're clearly a man of many talents. The Cooper sounds like fun and always liked the Elan. Have to ask - do you have a favourite? Regards, Neil.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I appreciate this is a Maserati site but sitting on a modern space frame chassis with adjustable shock absorbers, sorted brakes and transmission, the Elan is the best handling car I have driven, period.
The Lavante is a great long distance tourer and takes some beating. The best advice I would give to anyone considering one is find one with the Bowers and Wilkins sound system, is over 1200 watts of magnificence!
David.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thought it might have been your Cooper taking top spot. Your Elan, with all of its lightness, must be a blast too. A nice selection of cars to choose from.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorted the seat problem.
Up above the glove box, behind the left air vent, there is a plate that has the control unit for the central locking and also a bi- metallic strip which is the overload cut out for the seats.
This was all working fine but there is an in-line fuse as well which was the problem.
Hope this helps if anyone develops the same problem 👍

1 - 13 of 13 Posts