Maserati Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The electric parking brake (EPB) activates everytime you turn off ignition. When you turn on the car again you have to disengage the EPB with the switch next to the shifter or tapping on the accelerator. You can press the Park Off button on the center console to not have EPB automatically kick in, however on my 07 QP, it doesn't remember this and I have to do it everytime I drive the car. Is there a way to deactivate EPB always and make the setting stick? Don't see the point of it on an automatic in a flat city like Houston. I'm afraid a parking valet may not know how to disengage it and back out with the EPB engaged.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't worry about it. You don't have to release it, you can just "drive through it". If you put the car in drive or reverse and accelerate, the brake will release in 1-2 seconds automaticaly and it will not have any negative effects.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't worry about it. You don't have to release it, you can just "drive through it". If you put the car in drive or reverse and accelerate, the brake will release in 1-2 seconds automaticaly and it will not have any negative effects.
but i hear a strange noise like grinding noise if I reverse through it (w/o putting my foot on the accelerator).

·
Registered
3 Posts
09 QP with the same problem. Took rotor off and brake shoes were broken (probably from driving before the brake released.) The right cable was working and the left was not. Released the parking brake actuator and then unplugged it. Everything works just fine without the brake but the dash is lit up. How do I kill the MILs on the dash?

5,888 Posts
Just blowing up the forum? You can't just disconnect modules out of the network like that without setting a warning light...Jason

·
Registered
174 Posts
Here's my question: Changed my rear rotors and pads on my 07 Quattroporte Exec. This has an epb.
I had to turn the starwheels inwards to fit the rotors on but failed to see how to adjust (which I understand now is to turn the rotor to get access to the starwheel and adjust to snug and then back off). So, without pulling the wheels again, is there another mechanical adjustment (like reversing 6 times as with some other cars) I can access or is there an epb adjustment method using the control so it "learns" the new tolerances or is this a "Maserati official scan tool" issue? No warning lights, epb turns on and off but not holding on an incline.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts