Maserati Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Right tires for the climate. Summer tires suck in the snow :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
and just as much winter tires are no good in the heat!

224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks to all that have given their top tips so far, some great responses from everyone! Just a few days left for people to enter for your chance to win a free set of EBC Brakes pads

224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The importance of tyre pressures. It is very easy to ignore such a fundamental component of driving. From keeping stability under braking to allow the cars geometry to work as intended.
I do not think I checked my tyres pressures once for the first few years of driving. Even at my first track day, I had no idea of the concept of pressure management. I recorded 50psi, yes 50, on the front tyres of a civic type r. They were rock hard and hollow when tapped. It came to light when chunks of tyre left a brand new set of tyres, it was a brand new car and a fellow track goer made comment about pressures as I had exceptional understeer.
Congratulations @Welsh Rob , You are the winner! Please PM your full vehicle details (make, model, year & engine size) in the 'conversations', as well as your choice of pads and any part number (Can be found in the link in our signature) along with your full name and shipping address. Thank you to everyone who participated. Remember FORUM10USER code gets you 10% discount...

· Registered
Maserati Granturismo
93 Posts
Congratulations @Welsh Rob , You are the winner! Please PM your full vehicle details (make, model, year & engine size) in the 'conversations', as well as your choice of pads and any part number (Can be found in the link in our signature) along with your full name and shipping address. Thank you to everyone who participated. Remember FORUM10USER code gets you 10% discount...
No way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

I've never won anything other than a raffle! thats amazing. Thank you.

· Premium Member
2013 GT/MC SportLine Blu Sofisticato - Black w/Yellow stitching and calipers
828 Posts
Congrats Welsh! Enjoy 'em! 🥳

Reactions: Welsh Rob

· Registered
Maserati Granturismo
93 Posts
I'm having these fitted on Friday this week, along with a brake fluid change. Funnily enough the garage wasn't happy about fitting "customer supplied parts" which is odd considering they don't supply EBC pads.

Anyway, I'll let you all know how they perform.

· Registered
Maserati Granturismo
93 Posts
So I picked up the car today after having the brake pads replaced.

Instantaneous difference in how the brakes feel and perform. Instant.

The pedal feel is firm and compliant and the brakes inspire much confidence. Albeit I am bedding them in, they are brilliant.

Even got the "race car" squeal when using the brakes at a low speed. :D

Thanks EBC, so far my impressions are that these are excellent pads.

I have taken off a set of OEM pads fitted 3k miles ago for comparison. Discs are 10k miles

224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
So I picked up the car today after having the brake pads replaced.

Instantaneous difference in how the brakes feel and perform. Instant.

The pedal feel is firm and compliant and the brakes inspire much confidence. Albeit I am bedding them in, they are brilliant.

Even got the "race car" squeal when using the brakes at a low speed. :D

Thanks EBC, so far my impressions are that these are excellent pads.

I have taken off a set of OEM pads fitted 3k miles ago for comparison. Discs are 10k miles
Thats great to hear, the squeal will go after some more use. Keep us updates on how you like them :)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.