Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know definitively, i.e., has actually used the application, whether if the EBC brake pads for the QP properly accommodates the front brake wear sensor? My guess is that it does based on the photo, which the website indicates that "This image may not [or may] reflect the specific part number or application you selected."

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Low Brake Sensor on EBC Brake Pads for QP

Finally need a front brake pad change and installed the EBC Red Pads. Changing the pads on the QP was one of the easiest procedures - particularly because you don't have to remove the caliper and only need to pop the pins, remove the pads, and push back the calipers with your hands. Nonetheless, the EBC pad does properly hold the stock brake wear sensor; however, the stock brake pads have the mounting space off center to the right, while the EBC pad mounting space is in the center. The sensor mounted on the center mounting space becomes a problem when you put the brake pin retention bracket back on. It seems that it could be workable to retain the brake wear sensor on the EBS pads with some fiddling and taking your chances that the retention bracket is not going to wear/cut away the brake wear sensor wire leads. However, I thought it was safer not to attach the sensor and strapped it back in the tire well.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Vincent.

When I installed my EBC reds I found that the mounting clip was in the same position! Perhaps I wasn't looking close enough!

I found the EBC pads to be a little harder than the OEMs so they tend to squeal a little more. Other than that stopping power is fine.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Below is a picture of the factory brake pad for reference. Note that the sensor mount is the standard type of mount that is found on many brake pads. However, note that it is offset by 1/2 - 3/4 inches to the right. I don't have a picture of the EBC brake pad because it's installed on the QP; however, it's the same mount, but situated in the center of the top edge.

It's possible that the EBC Red Pads that you have are of the older style? I've never seen an older style pad; however, there was an insert in the box that discussed a new anti-squeal backing that is now being implemented, which leads me to believe that there is an older style pad. I've only driven about 30 miles on the pads and so far no squealing. I hope it stays that way.

On an unrelated matter, I evacuated and renewed the power steering fluid using my air compressor and a vacuum container. That vacuum container was one of the best purchases ever - easy oil changes, brake bleading, and now power steering evacuation. Renewing the steering fluid was relatively easy; finding Dexron IID took me over an hour and visits to 4 different stores.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's a drawing of the EBC Brake Pad from their website. The configuration in the picture below is consistent on what I installed on my QP.

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
I never noticed the difference when I installed the EBC pads. I remember the brake sensor wire being immediately underneath the center of the retaining clip but it seemed to me that there was enough clearance to avoid rubbing against the wire. I guess I will have to take the clip off now to check!

I agree with you that replacing the pads is probably one of the easiest tasks on the QP. I had to use a large flatheaded screwdriver to move the pistons back but other than that it was pretty smooth.

I have the sport option on the QP and it is worth noting that the EBC cross reference for the rear brakes is incorrect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts