Maserati Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems my totaled coupe has made it's way onto ebay. If you're considering buying, DON'T! It's highly misrepresented (theft recovery, driveable, gransport...the list goes on and on). This was totaled due to a significant accident and over $50k in mechanical and cosmetic damage, no theft involved.

"2005 Maserati : Gran Turismo GRANT SPORT"
item 200286631789

if you hear of anyone looking at the car to purchase, PM me and I'd be more than happy to give them the real details.

Also, FYI, they got the car for $14,700 from the insurance auction, put new wheels, exhaust system and looks like they bondo'd the front lower bumper...can't imagine what they did to get the CEL's to turn off but I'm pretty sure they didn't install new headers and cats like it needed!

Tried reporting misrepresentations to ebay but no response so far.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Fred - that's a great idea.

·
Registered
240 Posts
You should post the VIN here, so Google will find it if someone researches the car.

I always Google the VIN when looking at a used car.
same here. one time I did this (the car for sale at a dealer) and found the first car owner used to post on a car forum, I signed up to just read his posts :D

sorry if that was creepy.

if a car is way to cheap, it is usually for a reason. some may recall that 05 white gransport in scottsdale it was $38k 10 months ago, well there was a reason for that

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
vin # is ZAMBC38A450018938. 2005 Maserati Coupe Cambiocorsa (NOT a Gransport). NOT a theft recovery, significant crash damage & frame damage from this accident and previous accident. Insurance sold it for $14,700 AS IS.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
relisted

it's been relisted. ebay item #200288420177

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
car has 67,000 miles on it? no would I buy it anyways

I do see they has a mas engine and tranny for sale.

if you wanted to make a fun project car .....
I'd be very leary buying from them. In the pictures, you can see other Maserati's and Ferrari's in the background. Ok, so let's say they take apart exotics and part out, or try to repair and resell. I know they bought my car from an insurance salvage auction, so they have to be a registered repair center to have access to the auction.

What concerns me is they had no idea what the Maserati was they were listing. They listed it as a GranTurismo. The description of the car was BS, they said it runs fine (I know it doesn't, major transmission problems), and it's a theft recovery. Salvage auction details listed estimated repairs needed and CLEARY shows a major front end collision. In one of the pics of their other auctions, you can see the front end of this car removed so you know they were doing the bodywork themselves.

It looks like they're a shady reseller/bodyshop that does some work in house to wrecks they picked up cheap and try to just flip it on ebay with a "as is no warranty" clause...that doesn't remove their liability from false statements or misrepresentations they know not to be true.

In case a would be or future owner of this car finds this thread, please contact me. I have confirmation that I have contacted the shop and made them aware of cars actual history, extent of repairs previously performed and made all repair history available. I have advised them their auction is false and misleading and that the car is not accurately represented.

this car really has one use only, a parts car!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts