Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:My '06 gransport has an "E" that flashes after outside temp. reading? This "E" is in the center where the digital gear is shown....Does this mean the sensor is defective & maybe that is whats triggering my A/C & fan to not work? Any clues? I remember someone else saying the sensor is in the driver's side view mirror..This happened after I washed the car, maybe water got into it?...Thanks Guys

·
Registered
824 Posts
This relates to the AC system usually.

In my car they replaced both the HVAC controller (built into the knobs for the AC controls - not sure if same for GS) and then the HVAC "door flap" actuators.

This issue has been posted a few times before. For most people it is an actuator replacement followed by a relearn of the actuator positions.

On my car they were able to replace the actuator(s) without disassembling the dash (hence less wear and tear on leather).

·
Registered
112 Posts
This showed on my car during a drive. But once I stopped and restarted the car, all was fine! Hopefully I do not see it again for a long time. :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
My car had the same issue reading E on the temp display. It was a defective temp sensor, located underneath the driver side mirror. The sensor also tells the car how much fuel to mixed depending on the temp. It triggered the check engine shortly and was replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My car had the same issue reading E on the temp display. It was a defective temp sensor, located underneath the driver side mirror. The sensor also tells the car how much fuel to mixed depending on the temp. It triggered the check engine shortly and was replaced under warranty.

It was a miracle!...My A/C came on by itself after 1 week??....works fine now......No more "E" either.....see what happens:D

·
Registered
280 Posts
Posted this while back

I have a 2004 Coupe 6 speed; mine has done this off and on; the dealer tells me that to get into the dash and mess with AND REPLACE the HVAC/actuator/flaps etc was like $2000 OUT of warranty; they reset the actuator but is still flashes "e" now and then; but at $2000 forget it..........dogdoc

·
Registered
824 Posts
I have a 2004 Coupe 6 speed; mine has done this off and on; the dealer tells me that to get into the dash and mess with AND REPLACE the HVAC/actuator/flaps etc was like $2000 OUT of warranty; they reset the actuator but is still flashes "e" now and then; but at $2000 forget it..........dogdoc
Mine was worse when the car was first started, but eventually it just failed all the time.

That quote sounds like it is to do the dash removal, my dealer found a way to replace the actuators without doing all that (much to my relief due to my avorio interior).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.