Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are my dyno results, made in a TCS Center in Bern / Switzerland.
My car is a 2003 Coupé GT with a Tubi and BMC filter. The car have 65000 km. The filter is probably dirty because I must take the car for a service in 5000 km.

Results (values are normalised using euro standards EWG 80/1269) :
Power : 408.6 hp (300.5 kW) at 7345 rpm
Torque : 314.9 ft/lbs (426.9 Nm) at 5880 rpm

Video here

The surprise of the day is the torque curve : look at the graph !

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it is my first dyno. And BTW it seems the values are not "normalized" by using air temp / pressure / humidity... The factor corresponding to my air caracteristics is 1.076, so the normalized power is 440 hp

I used this site to calculate the factor(plenty of information there) : http://wahiduddin.net/calc/calc_hp_abs.htm

·
Registered
722 Posts
That's substantially more than the typical 310-320 rear wheel horsepower that US-specification cars produce. Could it be that euro-spec cars are that much more powerful?

Fine looking torque curve, by the way! I would have expected much less low-end torque.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Power for both EU and US cars should be the same. ( I heard that maybe the exhaust manifold is not the same, because of US specs )
Normalised HP is what the engine itself would produce at the ideal conditions, regarding air pressure, humidity and air temperature.

If you look at the chart provided, it shows that the Radleistung ( RWHP )
is 312,4 BHP ( 229,7 KW ), so it is in the given range.

Attila

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Those numbers are at the crank, not the wheels, Deane...

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hmm... they estimate the crank HP from the rear wheels? Seems somewhat iffy, but I guess they have the experience to do this.

Deane

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
My dyno print use a CF but I dont know how it is calculated. So I probably used the wrong numbers. If I restart at the beginning by using the RWHP:

Rear wheels power : 312.4 HP
Correction factor (air conditions, SAE-J1349) : 1.076
Normalized RWHP : 336.1 HP
Transmission loss : 18%
Engine power : 410 HP

So at the end, the Pnorm of my dyno print is not so wrong...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts