Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you've visited F-Chat, you may already have seen this post -- I thought it would be interesting for the M-Forum people to have a look.

Shown below is the dyno run from our bone stock 10,000-mile 2002 Spyder with Cambiocorsa. Top RWHP is 335. If you assume 16% drivetrain loss, that equates to 400HP at the crank. I have no idea if 16% is a valid number for the Cambio, though.

Note the relatively flat torque curve. That's precisely why this car is so fun to drive. Somehow Maserati/Ferrari managed to create an engine that is free-revving, but still had solid mid-range torque. Normally those characteristics are mutually exclusive!

The dyno shows some problems at the low end - could be the knock sensor if I had mediocre fuel. I'll try again with a tank of known good stuff and see if it makes a difference.

Brad

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Andrew said:
Where in Ohio did you have this done? The DynoJet is a good one. You should also look into testing it on the Dynopack system. Here is a good topic which covers some of the difference
I had the Maser dynoed at Back Street Performance in Medina (NE Ohio). Never heard of the other dyno company mentioned in the link you provided, but their web site info looks pretty good.

Key to dyno results is testing the same car on the same dyno to compare changes to the engine system. I've found pretty good repeatability across DynoJets (within 6-8 HP on my 310RWHP Corvette), even with wildly differing atmospheric conditions. YMMV.

I'm looking forward to a run with the Tubi installed.

Brad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
Brad
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing