Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've edited this a bit. I think my original assumption of HP at the wheels was erroneous, and what is shown is HP at the flywheel.
Well, here is my dyno chart. This is evidently HP at the flywheel (382.5HP at 7500 rpm in 5th gear). We had some trouble getting the car to behave (overheating, getting the car to accept the front wheels were not spinning while the rear wheels were screaming, etc...), but run 2 seemed clean.
This translates to something like 355.5HP at the wheels, which would be pretty good I guess. The factory spec is 390 HP, which I assume is at the flywheel, and also without all the Calif pollution stuff and under optimal conditions like higher octane fuel, so getting 382.5HP at the flywheel should be pretty good.
Was running standard Calif issue 91 octane gas.
Thoughts?
MikeA

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Out of curiosity, what octane gas was the car running on?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I should have put the octane in the original message. It is the standard 91 you get in Calif.
Mike

·
Registered
201 Posts
I did everything but strap rockets to my car, and I made 346 hp at the wheels. From what I understand the power loss from flywheel to wheels is 20% for the Cambiocorsa.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CDF
I hear you. I have to admit you have gone above and beyond in squeezing the most out of your Maser. I don't think our measurements are consistent. BTW, maybe you could get some of those booster rockets they used to use on those rocket sleds back in the 50's (sad to say I remember seeing footage on tv back then), or the ones they used to use to help launch jets!!
Mike

·
Registered
201 Posts
the ultimate mod

MikeA said:
CDF
...maybe you could get some of those booster rockets they used to use on those rocket sleds back in the 50's...
That's another avenue to explore. MVP, can you do it without voiding the warranty?

I'm patiently awaiting the day when I can get my Maserati transported to the moon, where it will weigh only 630 pounds. (My luck would be to pull up next to another Maserati there.)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I didn't see a before dyno run. What do you believe is the estimated gain over stock, both in terms of peak HP/Torque and throughout the curve?

I'm considering doing this to my GS and want to know if you believe that there is a significant difference in power and response? Would you spend the money again?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
unfortunately, I didn't do a dyno prior to the mods I did (Eurotek ECU, BMC filter, straight pipes at rear). My guess is that the actual HP improvement is probably not significant, maybe at best 15HP, which is like 3%. My other guess, however, is that the midrange torque is significantly better due to the ECU tuning. That was the main selling advantage of the ECU upgrade, and it sure feels that way. Acceleration at 4k rpm and above is great.
Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts