Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have detailed my car a couple of times but the headlamps nonetheless appear "dusty". The dust is on the inside of the outer lens (there is actually a tiny spider . . . yes, the real insect . . . inside the light compartment). I have been told that the light is sealed and cannot be opened, however, I am skeptical by virtue that the eight-legged little creature has found and entry path. I would like to clean the inside of this area and adjust the focus.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Light Access

Have detailed my car a couple of times but the headlamps nonetheless appear "dusty". The dust is on the inside of the outer lens (there is actually a tiny spider . . . yes, the real insect . . . inside the light compartment). I have been told that the light is sealed and cannot be opened, however, I am skeptical by virtue that the eight-legged little creature has found and entry path. I would like to clean the inside of this area and adjust the focus.
They're not completely sealed. There are access panels in the front wheel wells to the back of the headlights (I am not making this up!) They're secured with a single screw. With the panels off, you can change the bulbs and, I'm pretty sure, adjust the aim but they don't give you much ability to clean the inside of the housing.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
headlight cleaning

Humm, I'll take a look, maybe I can vacuum out the dust . . . and spidy.
Thanks

·
Registered
203 Posts
Cleaning

Or give the spider a cloth?
Spiders have 8 legs and no arms/hands therefore the following may be more suitable for the trapped spider in your light ?

http://www.ussalesservice.com/newproducts/scrubbytoes.htm

I would suggest that release is contingent upon the inside of the glass being nicely polished. Could be a good little business for other owners if the spider fancies setting up a franchise ?

It could advertise on the web.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Xenon Headlights Fogging Up

Hi, I had a similar problem with my 2004, I made a claim on the warranty and was told that Maserati said no way. I called Maserati and insisted that they honor the warranty for a defect in the seals, about 2 weeks later I got two new lights. They cost about $2500 a piece so I was told. I was also told they cannot be opened up and cleaned, supposed to be sealed unit.

Good Luck!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts