Maserati Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I just got my "new" 2005 Maserati QP5 and scared that here and there something may not be right.

Here is a video of downshifting while holding throttle position without stepping off. Everything looks good and as it should

Here is a video of downshifting while stepping off the throttle pedal. As you an see there is a fluctuation in the RPMs down and up.

Just wondering if what happens in the second video is normal.

According to the Maserati mechanic clutch test, it is at 50% of its life right now.

I would like to ask then if to minimize the clutch wear, as I heard from somebody, the car should be driven always in Manual+Sport mode. Not driving in this mode will it wear faster ?

In sport mode the shocks become stiffer but not that much difference compared to "non sport mode". Is it as it intended to be ? I did not try it much on curves, in "sport mode" it seems to be stiffer but I would have expected it to feel stiffer. No way to compare to other Maserati because this is my first one.

thank you

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ll wait to someone smart comes along, but I’d just keep on driving it and enjoying it.
thanks it seems behaving pretty well. The engine is fantastic and the shifting is fast almost comparable to my BMW i228 which is a modern transmission. I need some hint though to be sure I use the transmission in a proper way. I Am really enjoying keeping camaros, mustangs and challengers behind me now... and guys... what a sound!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,086 Posts
Watching the video it looks OK to me <shrug>. Manual / Sport is widely regarded to improve clutch life but there's hardly a huge amount of peer reviewed evidence ;)

Logically it should.

FWIW the normal recommendation (including in the video that came with the CC cars) was to let the box electronics work it out. If you start messing with the throttle as well, it's another changing input.

C

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Watching the video it looks OK to me <shrug>. Manual / Sport is widely regarded to improve clutch life but there's hardly a huge amount of peer reviewed evidence ;)

Logically it should.

FWIW the normal recommendation (including in the video that came with the CC cars) was to let the box electronics work it out. If you start messing with the throttle as well, it's another changing input.

C
Yes I let the electronics do it and I Am not messing with the throtle, the only thing is that I find it way smoother and faster when I downshit, not to pull off completely the accelerator and downshift rightafter, but just hold the throttle in the position while downshifting then pull it off right after

·
Registered
334 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts