Maserati Forum banner

Drove The Cambiocorsa Today

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  maserati of minneapolis 
#1 ·
OK Gents, I'm sold give me the cambio! Spent a short drive in a cambio today, albeit a convertible I'm not buying, and with the driving style recommended out here (lift with the shifts), it's very smooth. Can't see what the problem could be.

One question. I spoke to a Maserati dealer tech early this week and he suggested I avoid the 2003 model due to some changes between 2002 and 2004 that didn't work well. Any thoughts or truth to this?

Thanks to all of you for the advice. Still looking! :)

Feff

#2 ·
Midway through 2003 there was a hardware\software upgrade that changed the shift behavior of the transmission. There have been several updates since then that most cars have been upgraded to. The 2002\ early 2003 models have some different physical parts, and will always shift somewhat differently regardless of software.

If it is a smooth shifting transmission that you are after, any mid 2003+ car with current transmission control unit software will keep you happy.

- Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.