Maserati Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a GS recently. I was told by Pasadena Maserati that driving in auto mode is not recommend. Is tat true and Why?
Does anyone know which dealer would be better for service: Beverly Hills Costa Mesa Newport? I left a message for the service dept in Bev. Hills two weeks ago and they never returned my call.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Best to drive in Sport mode.

Regarding dealers, people here seem to like Maserati of Orange County, it supposed to be "cheaper" and do more under warranty.

BUT, last week Auto Gallery quoted me $4,000 to replace my clutch and MOC quoted $5,200....

·
Registered
722 Posts
Auto mode is hard on clutch life, and very unsmooth as well, with four jerky downshifts at most stoplights. You can do better yourself.

One nice thing about the CC transmission - shifting it yourself is almost no effort. It combines most of the control of a manual with most of the ease of an automatic (wearing rose-colored glasses while typing this though).

·
Registered
224 Posts
Costa Mesa Newport
Costa Mesa / Newport is the same dealer: FM Orange County. My interactions with them have been positive, also - the PO of my car had all the service done there, and I discussed the car pretty extensively with the service manager. I live in the valley, however, so I don't use them for service as its just too far to go.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have had nothing but positive experiences with FMOC. Mitch, the service advisor, is very honest. He has talked me out of doing work that he thought was not necessary at this time. He has also made sure that all work was performed under the warranty, and even put me in a Cadillac while the work was being performed.

Eric

1 - 8 of 8 Posts