Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am headed up to the Lake Tahoe Sierra's this weekend, and want to take my new GS up through the mountains. However, I read somewhere (can't remember where) that the car does not perform as well in high altitudes. Is this true? Does the car automatically react to the fuel/oxygen ratios depending on driving conditions? The owners manual does not mention anything. Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
722 Posts
All modern cars compensate for air density changes to maintain the right fuel/air ratio. But there just isn't as much air at higher altitudes, so you will get some small loss in pedal-down performance.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Brought my Spyder home through Tahoe when I acquired her. Can't say i noticed any lack of performance - scared my passenger silly accouple of times. :D

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Well....

I have taken mine over Berthoud Pass here in Colorado, 11,500 ft above MSL and it runs great! I regularly make the trip as I live in Denver today but am from Grand Lake Colorado on the other side of the hill... I have also driven mine over Trail Ridge Road, 12,500 ft above MSL and it ran great there as well... It runs great to the point that I hate to drive any other car over the pass, it's just not any fun!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.