Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am headed up to the Lake Tahoe Sierra's this weekend, and want to take my new GS up through the mountains. However, I read somewhere (can't remember where) that the car does not perform as well in high altitudes. Is this true? Does the car automatically react to the fuel/oxygen ratios depending on driving conditions? The owners manual does not mention anything. Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
722 Posts
All modern cars compensate for air density changes to maintain the right fuel/air ratio. But there just isn't as much air at higher altitudes, so you will get some small loss in pedal-down performance.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Brought my Spyder home through Tahoe when I acquired her. Can't say i noticed any lack of performance - scared my passenger silly accouple of times. :D

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Well....

I have taken mine over Berthoud Pass here in Colorado, 11,500 ft above MSL and it runs great! I regularly make the trip as I live in Denver today but am from Grand Lake Colorado on the other side of the hill... I have also driven mine over Trail Ridge Road, 12,500 ft above MSL and it ran great there as well... It runs great to the point that I hate to drive any other car over the pass, it's just not any fun!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had my Spyder in Tahoe last week and it performed great. However did have a flat tire that was ruined and had to wait a day to get one shipped up. The no spare thing is scarry.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had my Spyder in Tahoe last week and it performed great. However did have a flat tire that was ruined and had to wait a day to get one shipped up. The no spare thing is scarry.
Thanks. Have you tried that flat fix cannister for your Spyder? Not sure that stuff works well with lo pro tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts