Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never driven the GT but own a QP. Would I notice a huge difference between the driving experiences of the two vehicles? BTW, I have a duoselect QP, but have also driven the automatic QP.

Anyone out there driven both enough to gauge??

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on! Nobody's driven both and/or has an educated opinion?!

·
Registered
102 Posts
i have driven both. switched from 2005 duo QP into GT this year. GT auto box is actually much more enjoyable to dive day to day. lose the feel a little when pushing on round the twists etc but given how rare that was then i much prefer this auto. less pitch and roll with the GT (i have skyhook) ,def feels more grip and tighter steering. interior cabin noise is greater from both tyre and engine inside the GT. The sport button has more noticable effect on the suspension and revs with this auto box than the QP which helps liven things up ( always drive with it on ) Both are very similar but as you would expect the GT feels sportier to me coming from std QP

stuart

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
skcam, thanks! Did your QP have Skyhook? My 07 Exec GT does. Wondering if that gives it a different feel.

I'd like to drive the auto again. I test-drove the auto QP and wasn't interested at that point. Then I drove the duo and fell in love. That being said, I know now realize after a few months of ownership that I am no longer always "geeked up" to administer the duo and recognize that a straight auto has its attributes as well.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hi, havent driven the GT yet, but from what everyone tells me including the techs, its actually more heavy and dead feeling. Its mainly due the auto box, its deffinatly more focused as a real gt daily driver but the QP has that Ferrari feel and just is more electric to drive. obviously, the QP is much harder to drive properly and forget about trying to use it comfortably, its much too much of a suppercar. One of its strongest points, and yet, its weakest.

·
Registered
84 Posts
DS and the QP

Good Day,

I just had a conversation with Gino at SFMF, his thoughts about the QP: It's was just too sporty for the US, the DS is the trans that the car designed for, the auto over all is just a softer car. Now for my self I am waiting for the price to drop on the QP GTS or the GT-S. I do love the DS, but would give it up for the QP GTS. For most of my driving the auto would be fine and with the GTS tweaks it would be a good trade off.

But when your working the DS on the back roads it's great, the feel, the connection to the car, the overall package.

Paul

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great input. I was starting to worry that perhaps I should have given some consideration to the GT instead of jumping into the QP. I really wanted the duoselect and the four doors. Sounds like a made a sound decision for my preferences.

·
Registered
84 Posts
One last thing

When my dad drives the QP one comment he often repeats is that this car wants to be driven hard and fast. The DS is not happy being driven softly, you need to give it a kick in the ass. That is the one thing that gives me trouble is when I cant give it gas to get it off the line with out slipping the clutch. This happens when traffic is not moving fast and I have to come off the gas right away.

Paul

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
That is the one thing that gives me trouble is when I cant give it gas to get it off the line with out slipping the clutch. This happens when traffic is not moving fast and I have to come off the gas right away.

Paul
You need a DBW.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts