Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about buying an '04 cambio. My wife will be using it as a daily driver, driving in auto all the time. Is there any problem with this? What is the clutch life when driving in auto all the time?

Thanks,
Zearnold

·
Registered
742 Posts
Not meant to be driven in Auto

Just my opinion, but these cars are not set up for driving in auto only. Auto runs the gears up and down all the time. I would expect a very short clutch life in only auto mode. The paddles are very easy to use and enjoy. CM

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have the same issue as my girlfriend doesnt drive stick and sometime if I am drinking, I will let her drive back... in the porsche, she is ok...

guess she will learn to drive with the paddles as well.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Everyone I've spoken to says for maximum clutch life, leave it in sport, use the paddles, and try to drive as little as possible in stop and go traffic or in reverse.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Steeldream said:
Everyone I've spoken to says for maximum clutch life, leave it in sport, use the paddles, and try to drive as little as possible in stop and go traffic or in reverse
or don't let the gf or wife in the driver seat at all...had to get a porsche for her so that she wouldn't think about driving mine...heheh

·
Registered
681 Posts
Driving in auto all the time is going to kill your clutch life.

·
Registered
773 Posts
on auto

auto is my town choice, and so far so good 14000 on this clutch. i could not be happier. no sign of a weak clutch

·
Registered
279 Posts
bundas - do you mean 14000 miles or kms?

·
Registered
455 Posts
I had the same situation with my girlfriend. I let her drive the car in auto for a day, then the 2nd day I had her use the paddles. It took her about 10 minutes to remember to shift. Now she always uses the f1

1 - 10 of 10 Posts