Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
window was working. closed it and had dinner now window non responsive. Any ideas? fuse locations???

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looking at Scuderia its about 360 + ship for whole unit. looks like the reg is LRU? Just cannibalize from assy and inst on mine? any idea if just the reg is avail for purchase? you have any used sitting around you want to sell??

·
Registered
650 Posts
looking at Scuderia its about 360 + ship for whole unit. looks like the reg is LRU? Just cannibalize from assy and inst on mine? any idea if just the reg is avail for purchase? you have any used sitting around you want to sell??
You can buy only the related parts (without the expensive motor) from eBay Germany much cheaper. Don't buy used.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
1. I recommend searching for the best price on the regulators and just replace them completely, rather than the parts alone. If you see how they work, not only does the plastic get old and brittle, but also the cables get stiff and the factory grease dries up. Not to mention the spool starts to shift over time and cause extra resistance from the cable not being perfectly round in some places.

2. Regardless of what you replace, I highly recommend removing all the old grease and replacing it with new marine grease. This will greatly improve the window motion and reduce resistance. As a result, there will be less drag and weight on the plastic connectors.

3. While you're in there, check the metal track/window connectors to be sure they are tight. I see them all the time loose, which makes the guide go crooked in the track causing severe tension on the cables/connectors.

Finally, it's not a difficult job! Don't let it scare you. I did so many at one point, I was trying to beat my record 30 min R&R time with each install. With that said, if you replace the driver side regulator, spend the time to grease the passenger side, since you'll then know how to get to it.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Erik you know what is the next step do you?

Detailed video please 😁

Honestly I like fixing things but I hesitate with car parts because the tiny damage will be costy.....

Despite the fact that everything seems easy at a forum post, I strongly believe there are numerous hints and tips in order to avoid mistakes (and extra $$$ ) during installation.

This window issue is simply ridiculous. Last time it broke during my roadtrip in Italy in the middle of nowhere. Fortunately I managed to close the window by pulling it up and fasten it with a tape around ....

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Erik you know what is the next step do you?

Detailed video please 😁

Honestly I like fixing things but I hesitate with car parts because the tiny damage will be costy.....

Despite the fact that everything seems easy at a forum post, I strongly believe there are numerous hints and tips in order to avoid mistakes (and extra $$$ ) during installation.

This window issue is simply ridiculous. Last time it broke during my roadtrip in Italy in the middle of nowhere. Fortunately I managed to close the window by pulling it up and fasten it with a tape around ....
I totally agree but this one shouldn't cost you any damage. The most important part is remembering the direction the regulator twists to fit inside the door and operate correctly. Taking a photo of it after it's pulled out put in a correct orientation in front of the camera will solve that. Always remember the orientation because the entire piece needs to be twisted in order to fit into the access holes in the door shell.

I wish I had taken a video. I will try to do it next time, however it's been a while since I've replaced one.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
was supposed to get kit yesterday but stuck in customs, so....Ill try to make video. its not my forte but ill try....door panel looks easy.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Since it was first time I had a mobile window guy do it for $125.00 It does look easy but he did some adjustment. Basically once you remove the inside panel its 4 nuts on outside of frame, visible with cover off and 2 bolts inside door for the window mounts that the window has to be in certain positions, mostly full up to get to easily. Said he had done many of these and only one he can remember that the motor didn't work? All else was good. Now I see what's needed to remove mirror to paint. have to pull panel again to unplug mirror so ill take video then....

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So took door apart again today for mirror replace. As you see in the pics there are 5 nuts to remove. And 2 bolts that attach the actual glass to the req assy. You get to the glass bolts thru round holes with window full up. disconnect electric and pull assy thru large opening. then rev to inst. Then adjust glass to fit more aft than anything before tightening glass bolts. Then hook door panel back up to run window and check/adj fit/rig. Door panel removal is on youtube. 5 hidden bolts. behind red reflector, metal beauty strip, behind hand hold and behind door handle rubber plug. I stick them in cardboard with drawing cause I'm
qp door 2.jpg
qp door.jpg
easily confused.....

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I took them off for the pics. But didn't replace. I'm in Vegas and she will never see rain. Her and her sister Porsche.
porshe.JPG

1 - 20 of 20 Posts