Maserati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know what might be causing the drivers seat NOT to move when the back is tilted? I heard that it could just be a reset somewhere, or is it not that easy and it's mechanical and expensive to srt out?

thnx!:)

·
Registered
82 Posts
The reset procedure is in your owners manual. Move it forwards and backwards a tiny increment 2 or 3 times and then tilt the seat forward. It'll then move all the way up and down the track and from then on it should behave itself.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Seat problems

Couldn't understand why, when folded forward, seat wouldn't go all the way back. Apparently the seat assumes that someone is sitting in the back and so only goes back halfway to give them legroom.

·
Registered
431 Posts
seat/mirror woe.

I have the same problem. The reset procedure didnt work for me. I looked at the fuse for the seat-it was blown. I replaced it and worked fine but still blows so I guess its a short/ground at fault. The seat controller should be ok. I have left it alone for now but would be nice if it was fault free. Do you have problem with the side mirror not retracting on one side (drivers side on RHD car?) I wonder if the two are linked in any way. The mirror works fine but just doesnt retract although I can hear the motor working. It could be a cable detachment. Anyone know how to take off the mirror?

·
Registered
4 Posts
drivers seat woes

My seat did the same - in fact it refused to move at all. Also the mirrors wouldn't move. Turned out the seat controller had failed and it cost £900 to fix at Ferrari in Egham (replacement controller plus 4 hours of labour).
In answer to the question - yes the seat and mirrors are linked (controlled by the seat computer) so that the memory buttons memorise both seat and mirror positions together.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi there,

my seat and mirrors do move...and i can save the settings as well, plus recall them. However, i still can't get the seat to do it's automatic forwarding when i tilt it forward.
I've done the reset as mentioned by other forum members...but still no luck. Can't deduce exactly where it's failing....obviously all motors work, all buttons work and also memory functionality. All fuses seem to be intact as well.

I'll keep searching for the truth!!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Try checking..

... the seat rails. May sound daft, but you could have a coin sat in the runner.

As an elimination process swap the seats over. It's a 10 min job and you just unplug the wiring harness underneath.

Mind you - being in Scotland I'd assume that all coins were accounted for :D

CJ

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
being in Scotland i would say it's unlikely that we would allow any coins to get that far away from us:)

Good idea though...I'll give it a go over the weekend

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the same problem. The reset procedure didnt work for me. I looked at the fuse for the seat-it was blown. I replaced it and worked fine but still blows so I guess its a short/ground at fault. The seat controller should be ok. I have left it alone for now but would be nice if it was fault free. Do you have problem with the side mirror not retracting on one side (drivers side on RHD car?) I wonder if the two are linked in any way. The mirror works fine but just doesnt retract although I can hear the motor working. It could be a cable detachment. Anyone know how to take off the mirror?

Two hour job to get the mirror off and on, door strip down job.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hi there,
I've done the reset as mentioned by other forum members...but still no luck. Can't deduce exactly where it's failing....obviously all motors work, all buttons work and also memory functionality. All fuses seem to be intact as well.

I'll keep searching for the truth!!!
Yes it's quite an art-form trying to "jog" the memory on the seats.

Did the seat reset? i.e. did it move itself all the way forward and back twice? If not then make sure you have the key in the ignition (don't turn it though) and also that you attempt the reset sequence (fwd-stop-bkwd-stop x2, tilt seat) within 5 seconds of opening the door.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have to almost slam mine back

that is the only way I can get them to move back. They go forwards just fine. I dont know if it is a switch that gets stuck or a bad sensor, but firmly putting it back in its spot works every time.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
within 5 seconds of opening the door?
jeez...they really have to make sure you're on the ball for this don't they?
I'll give it a go again....

I must admit, i didn't know i was on a stopwatch to get this done!!!

Yes it's quite an art-form trying to "jog" the memory on the seats.

Did the seat reset? i.e. did it move itself all the way forward and back twice? If not then make sure you have the key in the ignition (don't turn it though) and also that you attempt the reset sequence (fwd-stop-bkwd-stop x2, tilt seat) within 5 seconds of opening the door.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks to everyone who helped out on this one...all up and running now.

Seat reset....

now onto the next issue..see seperate thread

·
Registered
160 Posts
I had both problems (the seat not moving when tilting and mirror)

The mirror was tracked down to the harness connector on the A-pillar

and the seat was tracked down to the seat railing provided too much resistance and the memory controller decided to stop as a precaution.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Resetting Driver Side Seat

I hate to resurrect this thread but can someone explain the seat reset procedure ? Forward-Stop, Backward-Stop twice then tilt seatback forward. Begin within 5 sec of opening the door and complete within 10 seconds ? If this is asking for me to move the seat ALL(?) the way forward and back twice within 10 seconds - it's impossible. If it just means press forward then back in sequence twice - that's possible but doesn't resolve my problem.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hard Reset

I have had this issue since these cars came out and what works most of the time is to unplug the two white connectors underneath the middle of the drivers seat. Use a flashlight they are easy to find. I have used this hundreds of times and it normally get things going quickly. When in doubt unplug it for 30 seconds.

·
Registered
255 Posts
See here:
http://www.maseratiforum.co.uk/tm.asp?m=2851&mpage=2䒟

and it is the ignition on and fwd/bkwd twice that must complete in 5 secs

The drivers door also has a timeout action on seart movement so basically open door, ignition on, start the fwd/bkwd switching as soon as you can.
If the seat does not move backward/forward automatically after this then you have been too slow (or it aint working!)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts