Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to remove the panel of the drivers seat that your back rests against, the rectangular piece in the middle of the backrest. I tried just pulling but didn't want to damage anything. There must be some kind of clips but where to pull and in what direction to get this to release to then give me access to the lumbar area so ican look into fixing that?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Anyone know how to do this? My lumbar cable is most likely disconnected as I can't feel any adjustment, but hear the motor.

I can pull the top left and right sides of the seat about an inch out, but can't feel any clips to undo. It looks like there is some fabric connecting the top part of the inner seat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same issue. I would like to remove that rectangular pad and have some softer foam put in it. Does anyone know how to remove it?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I just fixed this issue about a month ago
-the front-back cushion is connected to the back "leather", move seat all the way forward and unhook from the bottom back
-the back cushion (lumbar) should be loose. At the top there are 2 black clip, with a flat head screwdriver push down on the clip and pull down at each side
-don't forget to unplug the cushion heater wire
-the lumbar cushion is held by two clips, pull out, clips may break but easy to replace
-you should now see the cable unhooked just rehook and reinstall everything in reverse.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks! I will give it a try this weekend. I would like to replace the foam with something that is a bit softer. Too hard for my taste.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts