Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just picked up my 2016 GranTurismo from the detail shop and noticed the shop tilted the seats all the way in the back position.

Since pickup, I haven't been able to move my driver seat forward/backward. Up/Down/Tilt works, but when I move the seat up to get into the back seat, the front seat does not automatically move forward anymore.

I've read I might need to do a seat reset, and followed the instructions (electric on with key, then turn off the key, open door, move the seat button forward, then back, repeat 3 times, then tilt it forward as if I was entering the back seat). I did this a dozen times but no time did it actually move it forward.

When I click the forward/backward buttons, I do hear a very soft click for a short 1/10th of a second.

I've checked underneath and don't see anything blocking the rails.

I also left the negative terminal unplugged on the battery for 30 minutes, no luck.

Any other suggestions to try?

·
Registered
2013 GTC MC
600 Posts
Mine did that and after I topped off the battery on a charger it worked again. Others here did the battery reset.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Something I don't see covered often, is if the entire seat module is unresponsive, then a fuse has blown that controls the seat movement. I learned the hard way that this is related to a fuse, and with the several fuse boxes on the Maserati GT, the blown fuse is NOT located in the normal areas of under the steering column or in the front hood, but rather in the trunk of the car.

Check this just in case, as a blown fuse is normally pretty fast to identify, and can save you lots of programming trouble, or battery resets. The fuse that controls the seat module movements is in the trunk of the car. I don't know which fuse it is though. I only know that Ferrari/Maserati charged me over $100 to replace the fuse, and would only tell me that it was in the trunk.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it’s just forward/back motion, but up/down works, still potentially a fuse?

I left the trickle charger on last night, without luck.

Fortunately, it’s stuck in a position that’s comfortably drivable, but not enough room for the back passengers using car seats 😭

Someone else mentioned the seat motor is the same as a Porsche (less than half of the Maserati) but I haven’t been able to fully verify it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey Mrbobdou,

Since the issue is isolated to just one of the control actions of forward/back not working, since up/down does, I'm afraid this in indicative of one of the seat modules either being faulty, or not working as expected (possibly a programming-related occurrence).

If ALL seat functions were not working, then I believe that one fuse controls all of the seat modules, and this would indicate that the fuse has popped.

However, in your case where one specific seat operation (forward/back) is not working, there are three seat modules under each seat that control the 3-seat movements. Also, there are three motors I believe, and it could also be isolated to a motor not working, if this issue is NOT software/reset related.

I would recommend the seat reset first, and confirm that the full seat function reset occurs (you will know this has been performed correctly if you see the seat go through the sequence of movements, and reset, as noted in related discussions on this forum).

If it's not the seat programming/software, then you are looking at a faulty module or motor.
This is problematic, and not cheap, like any part on these cars, and will be expensive to obtain, even through online retailers or salvage lots, selling the motor(s) or module(s).

Start with the seat reset first though, and confirm that this occurred correctly, then let us know if this resolved the issue or not. Also, good luck.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did the seat reset… No luck… I ordered a new motor, most likely that’s the culprit, if not, I’ll keep it… Or maybe resell it under the Maserati label and make a profit 😜

I use the backseats at least two times a day, just odd to have the motor go out after a few years, as well as I might mention, two weeks after the factory warranty expired.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Did you pick up the Porsche seat motor? Let us know what Part # because if love to know if it ever happens on my 2016. Good luck and please keep us posted!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It arrives this week. Part number is 99662432200

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good to know, although the parking sensors always seem to be pretty unreliable… I ended up installing a front camera to pick up on curbs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts