Maserati Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, so I noticed today that my driver side seat won't adjust anymore. Its electronic, and it wont adjust the seat back and forth etc... Any ideas why this maybe? Is it a fuse issue? or a larger electrical problem? Lastly, would this be something covered under warrenty?

·
Registered
431 Posts
seat

sme thing happened to me. I replaced the fuse and it worked but fuse blown again. Only one seat works for me and the mirrors are also somehow connected to the seat.

Are your mirrors working ok.
I think it must be something to do with seat control unit. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sme thing happened to me. I replaced the fuse and it worked but fuse blown again. Only one seat works for me and the mirrors are also somehow connected to the seat.

Are your mirrors working ok.
I think it must be something to do with seat control unit. Keep us posted.
double 0, my mirrors are working fine, just the drivers seat wont work. You said you replaced your fuse, do you remember which one it was? and where can I find a fuse? Or does this go to the dealer?

·
Registered
431 Posts
seat fuse

No need to go to dealer as they will say "Can you book it in sir-kaarcchhing!".

I think the fuse is a 25A micro fuse coloured green. You can get them from Halfords(Radio shack) or from a car stereo place. The fuse is located on the left hand side as you sit in the car i.e. in the passenger side on my RHD car. You take the mat out and peel the carpet from the floor and you will see the fuses located under there.

IF you are lucky then replacing the fuse will cure your problem-it was probably due to putting strain on electrics as you moved the seat too much too fast.

Its a good idea to keep these micro fuses in your glove compartment as spares.
I am sure that the handbok tells you exactly which fuse to change.

best of luck.

·
Registered
339 Posts
the is a computer unit inside of the lower seat cushion that all of the electronics go through. If you end up with a problem with yours, I've got two perfect ones sitting here, just PM me.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Turn the battery cut off switch off and on for 45 seconds should reset everything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts