Maserati Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi chaps, my GS' driver seat doesn't move forward automatically when I recline it. Or rather, it attemps to move, moves a tad and then starts going back. If I move the seat manually, it moves fine, so I wonder if a sensor has gone.

The passenger seat works fine.

Will take the car for its annual service soon but any suggestion is much appreciated, as I'd like to point them in the right direction and keep them honest.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had the same problem. You can simply fix it by manually moving the seat all the way forward to the stop and all the way back againto the stop. This apparently makes the seat software 'relearn' where the forward and back positions are. My dealer told me about it and it seems to have worked.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
i agree with deltona, the users manual also describes the re-learn procedure along with other minor details about the electric seats.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
This seems to be a problem that we have to learn to live with... It happens with me all the time.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Is it true that if we remove/disable/replace the battery, then the ECU will reset and will require us to take the car to the dealer for reprogramming? or am i talking nonsense?

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, will try to take it all the way forward and back as suggested :)

@Maserati Blue: no need to take the car back to the dealer after a battery change.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
BigFoot, ah thats nice, thanks for clarifying.

·
Registered
227 Posts
ditto on the back/forward fix. worked for my passenger seat,

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Worked for me too! Thanks chaps :)

Yet, if I move the seat again all the way down (my favourite driving position), the problems kicks in again.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thank you!

Mine quit about a year ago also but it did not bother me since I rarely used it. Thank you deltona for that information...I will try it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts