Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been experiencing some problems when downshifting on my 04 CC.

This is what happens... say I'm driving in 4th. gear or any other gear for that matter and I hit the left paddle to downshift to the next gear down it sometimes sends me all the way to "N", this has happened on quite a few occasions but the worst happened today when I was going in 3rd. at about 35 mph. and it sent me all the way to "R" ...I think the clutch did not allow the car to go backwards and there were no weird sounds but the beeping reverse alarm that started immediately.
I pulled out of the road, stopped the car and started all the way from 1st. gear again.

Do any of you have an idea of what may be causing it..???

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
To start with, stock ECU or modified?

·
Registered
660 Posts
To start with, stock ECU or modified?
Paco, and also consider F1 pump... (random disengaging is one early sign of pump heading towards heavens...)

·
Registered
660 Posts
Rick, its stock ECU.

...how do I test the F1 pump ?
There is a sequence you can use with the car parked, BUT CAREFUL, if you engage/disengage the gears whilst not moving the pump may overheat and you're done.

I see if I can find it somewhere. Try before anything a hard boot (switch-off the battery for 30 mins). When turning the power on again, first set the keys to MAR without cranking and wait at least 30 secs.

Maserati supplies a program for the SD2 unit which resets the gear sequencing (I did it about 2 weeks ago) through the ODB interface.

Ed

·
Registered
824 Posts
Yeah, I'd get them to relearn the gear sequencing. Anytime I've had issues with dropping to N it has been that.

PS down paddle should never get you to R.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I'd go with Glenn's advice and have the dealer check the programming and the overall health of the ECU. The fact that it went into Reverse without using the manual actuator is quite scary and worthy of a dealer visit.

Keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Very true, as I also said. This should be the fool-proof solution if you can get to your dealer. I'm trying to find the paddleshift reset sequence, have it somewhere... but for a lasting solution you need to fiddle through the ODB interface.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi guys... I talked to my mechanich and he wants me to take the car so he can hook it to the computer and check for any error messages, I'll do that next week and let you know.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Problem Solved...!!!

Hey guys... here to inform you that it did not take more than a few minutes hooked up to the computer to solve the problem.

Yesterday I took the car to the dealer; my mechanic hooked it to the computer and checked for any recorded errors.

Two errors showed, if I remember correctly one of them said something like "Illegal shift sequence" this error was not active and I think it was triggered by the many times I tried to downshift and it went to "N".

The other error said "Illegal reverse shift", this one was still active and I think it was triggered when it went to "R" while driving forward.

He saved both errors on the computer to be sent to Italy and then he cleared them both. After clearing the errors on memory he put the computer in "Shift sequence learning mode". I've already put over 100 miles on the car, shifting and downshifting and the problem has not showed again… for now I don’t think it will.

Thanks for your help and advice.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Sounds like a little more QA is needed

In the software/firmware department at Maserati...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts