Maserati Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an 04 CC coupe and an 06 GranSport. With the with the coupe I can hit the left paddle twice and downshift from whatever gear, down two. ex. 5th to 3rd. however in the GS it will not let me to this. I'll have to go from 5th to 4th to 3rd. I remember reading in a manual that you should not skip gears, but come on. So the question is which car is shifting the way it should?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Both cars should allow you (within safe rev limits) to change down more than one gear (if you are fast enough on the paddle!)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But will it let me skip a gear? it is just strange the two cars act differently. I'm in sport mode, tap twice and only moves one gear.

·
Registered
722 Posts
But will it let me skip a gear? it is just strange the two cars act differently. I'm in sport mode, tap twice and only moves one gear.
Try tapping with a little greater pause between the taps.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have a GS and can go down two gears which I had alsways taken to be normal.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree but when challenged the last thing I want to do it pause between gears. But the car will not skip a grear no matter what, unless I pause.

·
Registered
43 Posts
For what its worth I have no problem downshifting two gears in my GS without any pause

·
Registered
722 Posts
If you click the paddles at about the speed of saying "click click", it should go up or down two gears without a problem.

"cliclick" (like you'd tap a computer mouse) is too fast for the trans control unit to pick up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's the same tap tap that workd on the 04 cc. now on 06 tap tap goes down one grear. is this somthing i should bring to the attention of the dealership? I doubt they would even try to repair.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts