Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i am getting ready to pull my car out of storage and my car threw a few errors. it had an electrical system failure, airbag failure and so on. i fixed all the errors by taking the negative battery terminal off for 5 min then putting it back on. It works great. Now i still have one more issue with the car after it died during the winter. The electric door opening does not work at all, i have to use the manual button on the outside. My trunk will not close either, the electrical lock wont work. Also i push the lock/unlock button on the inside and it does nothing. Anyone know what going on? Something always seems to go wrong during the winter with my car:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how am i supposed to drive it if the trunk wont close, ive had it on a battery tender for the past three months so it should be fully charged, the full battery sign shows up on the battery tender.
also i cant lock the doors at all from the key fob either. when i try to lock the doors the car make multiple beeps and the blinkers flash very fast. The locks wont work at all and i cant get the trunk to close at all even if i use the key.
:confused: This is why i love my lotus's and their simple electrical systems

·
Registered
562 Posts
I'd remove the negative cable for an hour or two then reconnect again. I had a problem similar and the first reset didn't reset everything. I still had some gremlins. I really don't think the 5 minutes is enough.

Anyway, good luck.

·
Registered
39 Posts
What you described is symptomatic of the battery running down. I experienced a similar issue before and the solution was simply to let the battery build up for a while. Of course, it could be a case where the symptoms are similar but the solution is different,

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright, my patience is starting to run out for my car, lol.
I am letting it run for 30 min then going to disconnect the negative terminal for an hour to see what happens.
ill let you know if this works.
Thanks for the help so far!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just measured the volts of my battery and it was 13.10 after the half and hour run. Didnt change anything, hopefully the battery disconnected for an hour will help this

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well both those ideas didnt work, had the battery disconnected for 1+ hours and didnt do anything. so i am lost on what to try next. battery is fully charged too. heres a list of my problems...
-doors wont open from outside(using electrical button)
-door unlock/lock button does not work(buttons next to nav)
-doors wont lock/unlock when i use the key fob, the lights flash green and red like its working but you dont hear the doors locking at all
-trunk wont close at all, the electrical latch does not work at all
-when i push the lock button on key fob the car beeps more than normal and the blinkers flash very fast, along with the red LED on the door. I push the lock on the key fob but you can still open the door manually because the door locks dont work at all. This causes the alarm to go off and the car says there was an attempted break-in.

Anyone know!? this is becoming very annoying

·
Registered
562 Posts
I can't give you the answer but I am sure I read somewhere that disconnecting the computer (which is different than unplugging the battery) and reconnecting it also helps clear the gremlins out. I may have it mixed up with something else but anyone else care to chirp in?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I had this same problem - my trunk wouldn't close after a battery issue. I had to manually rock this small black hook thingy (sorry for the simple terms) and then gently press the trunk closed. It was odd because the fob wouldn't get the lock to engage or disengage properly and since the trunk wasn't closed it wasn't possible to lock the doors. After manually flipping this thing all was good. The hook thing was inside of the latch on the trunk itself. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had this same problem - my trunk wouldn't close after a battery issue. I had to manually rock this small black hook thingy (sorry for the simple terms) and then gently press the trunk closed. It was odd because the fob wouldn't get the lock to engage or disengage properly and since the trunk wasn't closed it wasn't possible to lock the doors. After manually flipping this thing all was good. The hook thing was inside of the latch on the trunk itself. Hope this helps.
Thank you so much!!!
this was the problem, it all had to do with the trunk.
i first manually pushed the black hook to the lock position, then went to the inside of the car and pushed the trunk open button. I heard it unlatch and everything started working again! Doors, trunk, locks, everything. Thanks guys for the help, you guys just saved me a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Thank you so much!!!
this was the problem, it all had to do with the trunk.
i first manually pushed the black hook to the lock position, then went to the inside of the car and pushed the trunk open button. I heard it unlatch and everything started working again! Doors, trunk, locks, everything. Thanks guys for the help, you guys just saved me a trip to the dealer.
Glad to help - FYI, I later was able to replicate the issue. It wasn't enough for me to fix it, I had to know WHAT I did originally so I didn't do it again. It seems I closed the truck on the battery tender cable one night. Somehow that cable got involved in the closing mechanism and caused the problem. (I was having a completely different issue that I thought was battery related so I put the car on a tender each night, turned out my issue wasn't battery related). Anyway, once I fixed the trunk I closed the cable (unplugged) in the lock again to duplicate my issue. I was trying to make sure it was my own human error and not a sign that something was about to break.

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
Old thread but this was one of the first threads I found when Googling "Maserati trunk won't close" so I'll add what I've discovered for the next guy who find it:

I ran into this last night and noticed something which hasn't been covered in the trunk won't close threads. If your battery went dead and you had to pull the manual trunk release to get to the battery, and now your trunk won't stay closed, there's a good chance that the manual release cable isn't returning all the way back to its original position and so the trunk won't stay locked. I found this out after I'd attempted everything that was mentioned here without luck, then I went to the release and noticed that it had about 1/4" of play, so I wiggled that and it returned to its position, withOUT the slack. And bingo! The trunk locked immediately.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ok, so i am getting ready to pull my car out of storage and my car threw a few errors. it had an electrical system failure, airbag failure and so on. i fixed all the errors by taking the negative battery terminal off for 5 min then putting it back on. It works great. Now i still have one more issue with the car after it died during the winter. The electric door opening does not work at all, i have to use the manual button on the outside. My trunk will not close either, the electrical lock wont work. Also i push the lock/unlock button on the inside and it does nothing. Anyone know what going on? Something always seems to go wrong during the winter with my car:thumbsdown:
I have a 2009 Maseratti Granturismo and often have battery low or dead being that I don't drive it much. This is what happens when the battery goes low or dead. The electric doors don't work. Once you've charged the battery you need to RESET the electric doors. You do this by putting the key in the drivers side door, turn it all the way to the left, red lights flash, then turn it all the way to the right, green lights flash. You have now RESET the electric doors. They will now work. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I own a 2009 Maseratti Granturismo and I ofter have dead or low batteries because it sits a lot. Once the battery goes low the electric doors won't work. Once you've charged your battery you need to RESET the electric doors. To do this put the key in the drivers side door lock and turn key all the way to the left. Red lights will flash. Then turn key all the way to the right. Green lights will flash. You have now RESET your electric doors and they will work electrically again. Thanks and good luck. Let me know it that worked.

·
Registered
511 Posts
you're quoting a post from 2013, bud.
also, the typical reset is to lock and unlock via keyless, but he was having issues due to the electric trunk latch not staying latch. sounded like he developed a separate issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
you're quoting a post from 2013, bud.
also, the typical reset is to lock and unlock via keyless, but he was having issues due to the electric trunk latch not staying latch. sounded like he developed a separate issue.
[/QUOTE]i realize it was an old post and that my answer wasn’t specifically addressing his specific entire problem but only part of it. When you Google an issue you will find answers regardless of how old the questions are. I’ve resolved many problems from answers to old posts. Secondly using the remote to lock and unlock does not reset it. You have to manually do it with the keyand that was the information I was trying to put out there because not many people know that. Unless you want to spend $500 at the Maserati dealer to have them tell you

1 - 20 of 21 Posts