Maserati Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I wasn't able to lock or unlock the car with the key remote. After pressing the key's button to open, I could hear a faint attempt for the door to unlock but, it wouldn't finish and I had to use my key manually. I also noticed that after turning off the ignition and opening the door, I could hear a clicking that sounded like the door trying to lock or unlock itself....it stopped after about 30 seconds or so.

I co-incidentally installed the FD DBW this weekend but, can't imagine that this would have caused anything with the door actuator (the upgrade is amazing BTW - more on this in another thread later). Anyone else experienced this before?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't changed the battery in the key. The key will open the trunk OK but not the door. Do you think that it could be as simple as the key's battery? That would be an awesome(ly) easy fix!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Maybe

If new batteries don't cure the problem, try other available key if you have any spare ones, if those don't work go to the dealer and ask them to reprogram the keys and if that doesn't do it you might have a door relay issue.
Good luck.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys - going to radio shack at lunch today to get new batteries to try that route first...

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so I refreshed the batteries and get the same result. Pressing the button to open the door does 'get noticed' by the car (I can hear the door actuator - but very faintly) but the door won't open. So, it looks like it may be a dealer warranty issue...

·
Registered
160 Posts
I had that problem

by the time I got it to the dealer it had self corected it was not the battery. Something in the door lock was holding it back. Sorry but I have no cure just a similar experience. A battery cant hurt

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
You are driving it though right? Thinking of of a weak car battery, just in case... Also, have you cut the power off completely to the car from the battery switch, turned it back on and then tried it?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Grnd - Didn't try resetting the battery yet....car does fire right up though. I'll try it tonite. Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.