Maserati Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you please give me the procedure to remove the right hand door. Do I need to remove the battery connections as I am afraid that the airbag might be deployed.

I need to take the door off as my mirror doesn't retract. I bought a whole new mirror assembly. Can I swap the inards to keep the original housing as I dont want to repaint if I can help it. I understand that the glass is very hard to swap without breaking-any tips/tricks?

Can I just remove the outside screws of the mirror to inspect if a retracting wire has come off-whats your advice?

All other functions seem to work fine until recently when my mirrors dont dip in reverse mode-I suspect its the fuse. Where is the fuse please?

Just another thing the drivers seat (RHD UK model), does not work from before , I replaced the fuse but works for a short while until fuse breaks.
The other seat is ok.

Where are the fuses for the mirrors please?

I have a 02/03 CC 4200.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
If your problem is the mirror not moving down when in reverse, check the position of the button that selects between right-left mirror for adjustment. The mirror will only move down when the button is on either right or left side, I can't remember which one now.

·
Registered
141 Posts
007, I think you should stick to espionage. I don't understand WHY you would want to remove the door to replace the mirror assembly. That is like removing the hood to do an oil change. If you meant the door PANEL, then please excuse my prior remarks. No, you do not need to disconnect the battery, though doing so will probably reboot your seat ECU and it will work. If the seat fuse keeps blowing, try cleaning and lubricating the seat track assembly, this usually helps ,if not take care of movement issues. Fuses are located in the fuse panel behind the passenger footwell panel (on LHD cars). Check ALL fuses to be sure, replace as neccesary.
Your mission if you choose to accept it...To remove the door PANEL...
Remove the lower speaker grille and remove 4 screws, remove the speaker and remove 4 more screws.
Using a pick remove the long strip panel insert at the top of the door, remove the 4 screws.
Remove the upper speaker and remove the screw behind it.
Remove the door handle plastic trim and remove the screw behind it.
Remove the reflector at the lower rear of the door and remove the screw behind it.
Remove the screw under the armrest above the pocket.
Remove the screws on the bottom of the panel and the light assembly, tuck the plug up into the door.
Pry off the panel to unseat plastic clips and remove panel.
I think that covers it, hope this helps and best of luck!!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
door and mirror help

Hi Kent. Q-Branch thanks you for the input. As for the removal of door panel-its because the clip for the mirror is inside the door panel (I think).

There are 4 or 5 screws on the external side of the mirror. Do you know which set of screws I should attempt to remove first?

Prior to the mirrors not adjusting in reverse, my fuse for the drivers seat (RHD model), kept on blowing. I dont think its because of extra load when someone is sitting on it or the tracks might not be greased. Just worried about resetting the ECU because I only have one key and no CODE- so worried about being stranded without an expensive trip to dealer.

To remove door panel, bentley et. al disconnect the battery to avoid accidently trigering off the airbag or starting a airbag warning light.

I'm still a little confused but will have a look soon-"You gotta take a risk to move forward".

Any idea what the fuse rating is for the mirrors please?

Thanks once again-me ol' China!

SORRY YES DOOR PANEL!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Door Mirror Rattle

Hi Guys this has really useful for I was wondering were all the screws were for taking off the door panel.

My door mirror rattles the complete unit 'that is' with the glass in it everything works ok, I think someone has probably just manually pushed the mirror back at some stage, has any dis assembled the whole thing ?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
door/mirror

Hi Keith.
It would be great if you could possibly take some pics and post them. I've been trying tos sort out the mirror removal procedure because my mirror doesnt retract and I possibly need to take the door off.

cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.