Maserati Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to do complete fluid changes this weekend. This is the first change and service since I bought the car so I do not know what has been used previously. Here's what I'm putting in. Just need some confirmation.

1. I already replaced the air filter with the BMC from FD and will do the brake fluid next month when I do the pads and lines along with Denso Iridium Plugs which will finish up what is essentially the 30k service.

2. Oil - Ordered the filter from Trident Parts. I was going to use Mobile 1 but ended up buying a case of Redline Full Synthetic 5W/40 - 9 Quarts plus one extra.

3. Coolant - Decided to use 3 gallons of BMW Coolant. Was thinking of adding some Water Wetter but think I'll wait until I see the temp with the new coolant. She generally stays at 195 but on days over 80 and tooling around town/traffic, she does move to one needle width past that.

3. Gearbox - 4 Quarts of Royal Purple Max Gear SAE 75W/90 - 3 quarts to fill, 1 quart to flush and top off. Per one of the threads and the label, this meets GL4 and GL5 standards for the Limited Slip Differential and should be an improvement.

4. Power Steering - Unsure Here - I bought 1 Quart Redline Synthetic ATF for Dexron II Applications. The label does state that although it is ATF fluid, it is suitable for power steering units requiring Dexron II and does satisfy Dexron II-D and E applications. Per the manual, it states "ATF Dexron II D LEV SAE 10W". The Redline does NOT specify a weight which has me somewhat hesitant.

5. Cambiocorsa - I'm not changing the fluid - new F1 and relay put in about 600 miles ago. But I am topping off the level with Mobile 1 ATF. Different color than what is in there now but per advice on the forum, this should be fine. Only question here is if it is a problem topping off with something other than what's in there ??

Any thoughts. TIA:D:D

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Head over to your local Volvo dealer...

And get some AGIP CHF... That way you won't have to worry about it...
I am using the Mobil 1 stuff. If all goes well, I will update everyone with the news, as well I will update if the other happens. ; - )

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
And get some AGIP CHF... That way you won't have to worry about it...
I am using the Mobil 1 stuff. If all goes well, I will update everyone with the news, as well I will update if the other happens. ; - )
GrndLkNatv: I decided to go to Volvo rather than mix the Mobile 1 with the AGIP CHF that is supposedly in the CC.

Volvo parts dept was useless without a part number. I googled it and came up with 1161529 which is Volvo Power Steering Fluid. I picked up a bottle and it has been replaced with part number 30741424. The bottle has NO specifications at all. It only says Volvo Power Steering Fluid. I bought it and googled the new part number and came up with this.

Description: 30741424 Power Steering FluidAdditional Specs: Synthetic CHF 202 Spec.Brand: PentosinAlternate numbers: 30741424, 1161317, 1161529, CHF 202, CHF 7.1, CHF 11SNote: Check your owner's manual to ensure correct spec fluid
And see the picture attached

Is that what you have gotten in the past ? I'm speculating that this brand is the replacement for AGIP and should be fine for top off.

{Kind of funny that you use Power Steering fluid for the CambioCorsa and use Automatic Transmission Fluid for the power steering ! Italian !]
TIA

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
recommended oil weight

Last oil change was done by Maserati dealer in Rancho Mirage, CA (near Palm Springs) and was 0 wt Mobil 1. The manual say 5 W. Next oil change is due soon. What wt should it be?

appreciate hearing from folks who have an opinion on this issue.

Thank you,

Joseph

·
Registered
228 Posts
AGIP 5/40 Full Synthetic

motor oil is what Maserati calls for. My local FM dealership in Orange County, CA has gone to Quaker State "Q" 5-40 full synthetic for ALL oil changes for Ferrari and Maserati. Although I know full well that these motor oils are almost identical in composition, I opted to stay with AGIP for all my oil changes. I contacted American AGIP back east and was able to purchase 2 cases of AGIP directly from the manufacturer. I paid only $5.00 a quart (for 5/40 full synthetic), but the shipping cost to me in So. Cal. was almost the price of one case. No matter; I got what I wanted!

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
Maserati / Ferrari Spec Oil

If you want the current Maserati / Ferrari factory spec'd Q European 5W-40 Synthetic oil, we do stock it along with Factory Filters / Crushwasher.

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
793 Posts
I would definitely use the Redline 5W-40 motor oil.

It is fabulous.

I use it in my 360!

I use the 75W-90 NS transmission oil as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Stick with 5W40, it is the more shear-stable compared to 0W40.

0W40 is fine if your engine doesn't mind it shearing down to 30wt (at which point even 0W30 ACEA A5/B5 will do, but not A3/B4 and definitively not in a Maserati), not so much if it has to remain a 40wt during the replacement interval in a high-performance engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts