Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen:

Since its quite cold over here on the northeast coast I have been using my heat each morning. If I turn the radio off and listen to the heater, it makes a churning or cycling noise??

I just wanted to know if everyones heater is very silent or makes noise while blowing.

Last year I took the car to the dealer and they replaced the blower and it makes the same exact sound. Perhaps it is what it is...

Thanks. CM

·
Registered
478 Posts
Mine makes a sound like belabored breathing, I've been thinking the car had TB, my wife said "what's THAT?". I too have been wondering if this is a universal problem. In any case, under warranty.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Same problem on my 05 QP.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have noise coming from heater too!

was not sure what it was but when I turned it off(not down) fan all the way off it was gone; so you tell me, must be the blower.........

·
Registered
824 Posts
If you hear a "motor boating" noise in the dash and you have an 05 coupe, there was a problem with a new design refrigerant pipe that was introduced in 05 MY that would make this noise, and Maserati has a new design which fixes it. It sounds like the fan is motor boating.....

When was your 04 built? If late in the production year, it might be that issue if Maserati introduced the change mid production.

·
Registered
824 Posts
was not sure what it was but when I turned it off(not down) fan all the way off it was gone; so you tell me, must be the blower.........
Oh this does sound like the refrigerant pipe issue I had. I thought the same thing but remember the AC cuts out when you turn the blower to 0.

Try hitting the econ switch and see if that makes it go away too.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mine makes a sound like belabored breathing, I've been thinking the car had TB, my wife said "what's THAT?". I too have been wondering if this is a universal problem. In any case, under warranty.
Had the same question from my wife. Hmm?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Same problem on my 05 QP.
Hello Vincent....
Interesting collection there... Very British but interesting!
I'm thinking about the Range Rover.
Any comments?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hello Vincent....Interesting collection there... Very British but interesting! I'm thinking about the Range Rover. Any comments?
The Range Rover has been the most problem-free vehicle that I've ever owned. I have 116K miles on the 97 - Rover/GEMS engine. Outside of standard maintenance, it's only been in the shop twice for problems over the last 66K miles. We primarily use the vehicle for bad weather, the horse stable, and to haul groceries. If you were going to purchase the older body style (P38) I would probably get the version with the BMW engine. Take a look at http://www.rangerovers.net/, which provides the most comprehensive information about ownership.

I've owned over 10 Jaguars and would have stayed with the marquee; however, I wasn't thrilled with the new XJ body style and my original servicing dealer closed. My new dealer doesn't home pickup the vehicles for service, which was a big plus with my old dealer. When I needed to replace one of the sedans, I considered the Arnage, Flying Spur, and the Quattroporte. The deciding factor was that the Maserati dealer was about 8 miles away and the Bentley dealer was in another state.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts