Maserati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an oportunity to buy a 2002 GT with a manual trans and 23,000 miles for $40,500. The Carfax lists no problems, one owner and it has purportedly been serviced by teh same dealer since new. I will call the service manager to see if there are any problems noted the last time it was in for service, but pricewise, is that a reasonable figure? Is there anything specific I should have checked?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Passing on it

I thought about it and decided that since it was out of warranty and had a hi performance exhaust, coupled with the fact that it was a consignment sale at an ultra high performance car dealer, it may have been subjected to some pretty strenuous performance driving by the owner, and thus might have more wear than the milage indicated. (plus the wife wants a red one, LOL)

·
Registered
177 Posts
i think i am looking at the same care
is it in mass?
i may buy it.....
it would be my first maser- selling a 911 to get it.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I was checking out the one in mass before I bought a new stripper.
The one in mass was on the short list. It seems to be a well taken care of, and not abused.
I would get that one if you are looking for a GT

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's the one

The one I looked at was on consignment at Noble dealer. It looked nice, but I just figured that anyone buying a Noble was probably a real enthusiast as far as speed and performance goes. So the question that nagged me was "How has this car been driven?". It could be perfectly fine (after all, these cars are made to go fast, right?) but having been around amatur motorsports for quite awhile I decided to give it a pass. It was too far from where I'm located (Nevada) to be able to drop in and look it over.

The dealer was very nice and professional, so if you buy it I hope you get exactly what you are looking for. Till then I'm still in search of a red/Maroon GT with a 2 tone tan interior and a manual gearbox.....

·
Registered
196 Posts
look at 2005's

If you look hard enough you will find 2005 coupes in the hi 50's this is a better choice than 2002-2004's if you can do it. I have been looking for the past 6 months for the right car.

·
Registered
177 Posts
that is the one- at the noble dealership
being sold on consignment
i am in the process of buying it- it seems to have been babied
i had the same concerns about wear, etc...
but it is a ferrari engine- they are meant to be driven fast- right?
anyway, selling my 99 911 to get this car and i am very excited.
it should represent a significant step-up in performance and drive.
i will be going to inspect and pick it up.
hopefully there will be no surprises!
for anyone who has seen the car- would love your thoughts.
thank you.

·
Registered
177 Posts
i am surprised
i have been looking for almost 5 months and for a good gt
with decent miles and all maintenance records, tubi, etc....
41k seems like a good deal.
at least in terms of what i have seen thus far.

·
Registered
177 Posts
so fred
your impression of the vehicle in mass overall was favorable?
did you actually see and drive it?
thank you for your thoughts.
I am excited for it- if it is as pristine as it is billed as.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I did the due dilligence on it, but never made it up there to see it.

I spent quite some time on the phone with the owner, talked to the Ferrari place that serviced it, etc...
All checked out better than any other one I looked at.

The only thing that kept me from getting it was that I decided to go for a new stripper.

·
Registered
177 Posts
thank you fred

so i had a friend check the vehicle out thoroughly and all appears to be in excellent condition with recent service at ferrari and clean bill of health.
so i purchased it!
i take delivery next weekend
I will post pics.
thanks everyone! i am now a convert from a 911 to a coupe gt
well- once i sell the 911!
:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts