Maserati Forum banner

Does the Maserati Coupe have these?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  squid 
#1 ·
(1) Does the cambio coupe come with side air bags standard or are they an option?

(2) Does the coupe have a help button like the MB's do where you can hit it if you need help or get in a wreck. Is it tied in to the nav system like a MB?

(3) Are there tires that will last 20 or 30k miles that I can put on the cambio?

Thanks,
Zearnold

#2 ·
from the Sypders perspective...

1. I do not beleive there are side impact bags.

2. no, no Oncall type system. there is a button on the Navigation system, however that was for non US persons with integrated Cell phone.

3. tire life is dependent on how you drive. if you are looking for tire life, then buy a Ford Taurus. the Maserati Coupe is a Sports Sedan with a monster of an engine which means tires should get ripped to shreds if the car is driven the way it was desgined to.

there are no high performance tires I know about which factor tire life in their design. tire life and high performance tires are mutually exclusive.

#4 ·
zearnold said:
(1) Does the cambio coupe come with side air bags standard or are they an option?

(2) Does the coupe have a help button like the MB's do where you can hit it if you need help or get in a wreck. Is it tied in to the nav system like a MB?

(3) Are there tires that will last 20 or 30k miles that I can put on the cambio?

Thanks,
Zearnold
(1) The coupe comes standard with front (2) and side (2) airbags. No "curtain" or "knee" airbags though.

(2) Demoe is correct, there is a connect feature that applies only in Europe.

(3) Tire life depends on your driving habits and road conditions. If you are lucky, tires that have a higher treadlife rating (and are by experience longer-lived), may reach 20k, but 30k is unlikely for any high performance summer tire. Check into Dunlop SP Sport Maxx (treadwear rating 240) and Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 (treadwear rating 280) as they are rumored to be longer lasting than say Michelin PS2s.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.