Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I push mine and nothing happens. The orange indicator light shows that it is "ON" but nothing. The car does not even have fog lamps. Was this an option?

·
Registered
329 Posts
I push mine and nothing happens. The orange indicator light shows that it is "ON" but nothing. The car does not even have fog lamps. Was this an option?
My '02 Coupe has the same fog lamp switch option. The rear lamps have an extra bulb that light up when i push the button. (my '03 Jag does the same)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Same button on my '02 Coupe

I never noticed the extra bulb in the rear. Is it just an extra parking light, or an extra break light? Anyone know the purpose?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am sure its a fog light

My Porsche had them as well. Only on one side though.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I never noticed the extra bulb in the rear. Is it just an extra parking light, or an extra break light? Anyone know the purpose?
To let rear approaching vehicles in the fog know that you're in front of them. It's easier to see a brighter light than the regular rear light. :cool:

·
Registered
329 Posts
I noticed it one evening. I backed up close to a wall, pressed the fog lamp button, and the rear lights became brighter. Since I was the only one in the car, I did not get a visual. (my Jag is set up with two fog lamp buttons - one for front and one for rear)

I say extra bulb, but might actually be a dual filiment. Works great in the evening when headlights lights are on and some brainless fool is tail-gaiting on the highway. Push the fog lamp button, and lift the gas for a nano-second - and watch his headlights back off "real quick".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts